FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Messages not being marked as read Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
TheLandYacht

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 08, 2014 01:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

This has apparently become a thing, since the most recent base-software update on my phone. With the most recent versions of MPE, on a Win7 machine, and (now) Kernel version 3.4.0-1033761, Android 4.2.2 on a Galaxy S4, SCH-R970C.

When messages are marked as read in MPE, they appear read in MPE. But it doesn't register on the phone, and refreshing MPE (F5) causes MPE to again show them as unread.

Below is a quote from the wishlist thread that someone else appears to be having the same issue.

TheLandYacht hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Shohreh hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Suggestion: Make SMS messages read on phone

When the phone is connected to the PC through USB and an SMS text message comes in and is displayed on the screen, MPE should make it read on the phone.

Currently, it's not, and the message pops up on the PC every time MPE is run to sync, forcing the user to 1) open the phone, 2) open the SMS application, and 3) open the message.

Thank you.

That might be a bug on yours. Once you've "read" the message on MPE, it should be marked as read (both on the phone and on MPE).

By "read", I mean "opened the message", or "scrolled down to the message in the messages list". With the second, the message should automatically show as read after a second or two. One bug in this method is...if the unread message is the TOP message in the list, highlighting it doesn't automatically mark it as read, scroll down one, then back up to the top message & it works (weird bug).

You can also right-click in the Messages window & go down to "Mark all as read".

I wouldn't want it to change to "read" after showing in a pop-up, as there's no telling if I actually SAW the pop-up...I'd rather keep it as a function of a deliberate action taken by me in MPE.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
TheLandYacht

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 09, 2014 21:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

More grist for the mill, so to speak.

After testing, here's what I've determined.

This is true of ANY messaging app. I've tried Go SMS Pro, HandCent, and of course, MPE.

The defining characteristic of whether a message will allow itself to be marked as read seems to be...whether the app doing so is the "default" SMS reader.

In other threads I've seen mention in the past of the phone repeatedly asking you "do you want to make MPE (or other) the default reader". I'd never seen this before the most recent system update. Now I've seen it dozens of times in the couple of days since the update.

While you can interact with, send, receive, edit, or delete messages from any SMS app, only the one that is the "default" reader apparently has the permissions necessary to mark messages as read.

Long & short of it is...after making MPE the default, MPE is then allowed to mark messages as read. I tested this with the other SMS readers, and this is the case there as well.

On a related note, is there a way to get Android to STOP asking me that stupid "make default" question every time?
TheLandYacht

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 13, 2014 20:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

So...an edit to the previous message.

While you can still manipulate messages from within whatever messaging app you use on your phone, Android will now no longer allow you to send messages from an app unless it is the default app.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 01, 2014 21:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Your phone is based on Android KitKat so only the default SMS App is able to make changes in your SMS database. More technical info if you wish: http://android-developers.blogspot.co.at/2013/10/getting-your-sms-apps-ready-for-kitkat.html

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.