FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 IMEI changed, causing new User in MPE Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
alanlong49

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Mai 17, 2014 17:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Today my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 auto-updated to Android KitKat 4.4.2. Then I accepted an update to MyPhoneExplorer client to version 1.0.32. Next I synced my phone to my PC as usual...except...MPE didn't recognize my phone. It wanted to create a new User.

I've determined that this non-recognition is because the IMEI seen by MPE is now one digit longer. The correct IMEI of my phone is 15 digits, and that's what MPE now sees. I know this from looking in the MPE logs and by looking at the name of the new folder created in APPDATA for this new User.

The "pre-today" MPE logs and folder are missing the fifteenth digit of my IMEI. I have been (and still am) using version 1.8.5 of MPE in Windows 7 while I successfully synced the PC and phone for the last several months.

Since Android and the MPE client both changed today, I can't tell which one was incorrectly passing (or receiving) the IMEI. I've recovered from the situation by copying files so I don't need help. I am making this post as an FYI in case anyone else runs across this issue of a truncated IMEI.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
jmh56

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 19, 2014 05:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The same thing happened to me. What I did to recover was:

1) In the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MyPhoneExplorer directory there was a directory samsung SM-N900V "[xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]" where xxx... is the 14 digit old IMEI. Copy this directory to another location (e.g. c:\temp)

2) Rename the copied directory to add the missing digit to xxx

3) Move the renamed directory back to the MyPhoneExplorer directory.

4) Start MPE on the PC. Do not connect.

5) Select rename for the old MPE username (File -> Users -> Oldname -> Change name/password). Change the username to something else.

6) Connect to the phone. You original data should appear
Rename the new MPE username to the desired username

7) Sync.

8) When satisfied that all is well, delete the old MPE directory.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 01, 2014 22:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for information.
The IMEI is just read from the client, so i assume its a fact and not a bug of MPE Client. But anyway it may be helpfully for the user support.

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
loopback

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 23, 2016 06:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am having this issue with a Nexus5X with Fi service. Most current versions of PC (1.8.7) and Android (1.0.39).

However each time I connect MPE reads a different IMEI (either the 14 digit IMEI or the 15 digit IMEI plus checksum) So it is not just a one time issue. I can't really use MPE if each time I connect it switches back and forth between two users.

I really like MPE and I will support this project it it can be fixed so I can use it. Should be a simple fix by truncating the IMEI to 14 digits.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.