FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MyPhoneExplorer and it's 3 malware applications Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
modiX

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Aug 18, 2014 08:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Firstly, I do speak German, but I want to use this english forum, so everybody can read.

When I installed your MyPhoneExplorer PC software my Anti-Virus warned me on about 4 files and so far I could find 3 programs that installs with your MyPhoneExplorer in background: Wajam, Wallpaper Changer (by Digital Distribution) and Weather Application (by Weather Forecast). Adware or maleware to earn some more money???

How dump is this? I would agree to pay for this program and you, dear Mr. Wechselberger, decided to put it for free and betray your clients with hidden software that will nest into your clients PCs? I donated 20€ some days ago, and now PalPay refuses to charge my money back. (The first PC I installed your program had no anti virus, but I already found this shitty Wajam on that PC, too.)

I'm really disappointed. A so neat and great program, and no clean installer, pfffff. -.-

Mr. Wechselberger, charge my money back that has come with the ref. ID PAYPAL *FJWECHSELB!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Aug 18, 2014 11:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Da du ja darauf hinweist, dass du auch deutsch sprichst, antworte ich einfach mal so. Nicht weil ich nicht will, dass jemand meine Antwort liest, sondern weil es einfacher ist.

Wer den MPE herunterlädt und installiert wird bei der Installation gefragt welche Programmteile er installieren möchte. Diese Adware ist enthalten um den MPE kostenlos zu halten. Das ist kein Hexenwerk und einfach zu verstehen. Dazu muss man aber halt sein Hirn einschalten und nicht einfach nur blind in jedem Fenster, welches sich auf dem Bildschirm öffnet, auf OK klicken, was du, deiner Beschreibung nach, mindestens auf zwei Rechnern getan hast.

Gerechtfertigte Kritik ist das eine aber haltlose Anschuldigungen sind etwas anderes. Das Forum ist voll mit Beiträgen, die die Entscheidung, Adware im Installer zuzulassen, thematisieren. Vielleicht wäre es eine gute Idee so etwas zu lesen bevor man sich wild geifernd auf eine kostenlose Software stürzt, die so ihresgleichen sucht.
Shohreh

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 20, 2014 12:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

modiX hat Folgendes geschrieben:
When I installed your MyPhoneExplorer PC software my Anti-Virus warned me on about 4 files and so far I could find 3 programs that installs with your MyPhoneExplorer in background: Wajam, Wallpaper Changer (by Digital Distribution) and Weather Application (by Weather Forecast). Adware or maleware to earn some more money?

I'm also disappointed that the application tries to install at least two adwares, although it's not mentioned in the application's presentation:

Since MPE is free, I see no problem with trying to make money, but I think FJ Software should…

• Make it explicit in the Download page, so users know that adware will try to install itself in their computer (and we know that some of them are a big PITA to remove, even with computer skills)
  • If the installer wants to install adware, remove the "Donate" button from PayPal

Cheers,
okh

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 20, 2014 13:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
Since MPE is free, I see no problem with trying to make money, but I think FJ Software should…

• Make it explicit in the Download page, so users know that adware will try to install itself in their computer (and we know that some of them are a big PITA to remove, even with computer skills)
  • If the installer wants to install adware, remove the "Donate" button from PayPal
I would second that. I accept freeware installers with adware as long as I can opt out (or remove easily). But I am curious, I just upgraded to 1.8.6, and I
1) did not notice any other extras in the installer (are they hidden?),
2) have not found or noticed any malware so far (but did not look very closely).
What should I be looking for? Will Windows Defender find the malware described in this thread? Any other experiences or removal instructions would be welcome in case there is some nonsense running that I do not know about.

ok

PS - I used the installer linked on fjsoft.at - that is via fosshub.com - maybe different hosts provide different installers? If so, any information about which to avoid would be useful.
fdo

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 21, 2014 04:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
When I installed your MyPhoneExplorer PC software my Anti-Virus warned me on about 4 files and so far I could find 3 programs that installs with your MyPhoneExplorer in background: Wajam, Wallpaper Changer (by Digital Distribution) and Weather Application (by Weather Forecast) ...I'm really disappointed. A so neat and great program, and no clean installer

The Ecco Edition of MyPhoneExplorer added the synchronization of the famous information manager EccoPro to all other MPE options and is available at http://eccopro.com/myphoneexplorer/. This version of MPE is designed and tested to be “Malware, Bloatware and Adware Free”.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von fdo am So Aug 24, 2014 00:23, insgesamt 3-mal bearbeitet
triley7

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 21, 2014 12:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Confirmed Adware - This software is awesome & I was definitely about to donate but not anymore due to McAfee detections upon updating to version 1.8.6 (see https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8b6e638c60606db8a6af for a screenshot of McAfee Adware detections). Developer - can you please fix remove?

Zuletzt bearbeitet von triley7 am Di Sep 30, 2014 14:04, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
vix

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 21, 2014 12:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have trying the software for a couple of days (also reported an issue with Textinput). Since it was giving it a try I prefered the portable installation. I don't have a third party antivirus software but did not notice anything, but these posting are very troublesome from my standpoint.

I was certainly about to donate as well, but will postpone it until the clarification of the issue since software stated as freeware must not contain any adware, malware, spyware etc. Otherwise it should be labeled as adware and expicitly state this, and it is up to the user to decide what to do.
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 21, 2014 21:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Well it always comes down to this, you have to read carefully and then click the right buttons.

No, there is no maleware in the MPE.
Yes, there is adware in the installer.
And yes, the adware can be opted out during installation.

The MPE is a free software. That means you can use all it´s functions and you´re not required to pay any money for that.
But who do you think, will pay for the servers the MPE is located for download? In the past it was enough to put a paypal button in it to cover the costs. But with the implementation of Android into the MPE the number of users has skyrocketed. To keep the MPE free of charge and avoid several juridical problems the adware was implemented into the installer. But never the users were unable to opt out that adware. So if someone is to blame, it´s the users that simply click on every upcoming button without reading it´s meaning.

I´ve read the terms and conditions is the most spread lie on the internet. Face it!
fjsuser14

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Aug 23, 2014 19:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

There are good software programs out there which are VERY clear and TRANSPARENT about additional programs that the user has the choice to install.

Unfortunately MPE doesn't seem to be one of them. Moreover, the programs that are installed are very clearly categorized as rogue spyware programs.

Discovered two programs -
RegClean Pro, and
Advanced System Protector

Both by the same dodgy Indian company - http://www.systweak.com/About-Company/AboutUs/
stevea

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 24, 2014 13:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have used and gladly PAID a donation because I thought that the software was excellent. However I am now bitterly disappointed that this current version has installed malware into my system. I did not see the relevant opt-out buttons during the installation process (and I usually take care to look for such as this). Perhaps, the opt-out was hidden so that it got by unnoticed. I have no problem at all with the authors generating more income and if the donations do not cover this, then installing additional applications is fine provided that it is CLEARLY spelled out during the installation process with the default settings to OFF, so that the user, if they think the applications are OK, can then chose to opt-in.
Sorterudolf

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 26, 2014 10:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

When I read all these scary observations and experiences, am I really glad that I did not get downloaded and installed this program. I am grateful to you all for your input and contributions and a big hug to my 'download virus shield'.
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 26, 2014 10:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sorterudolf hat Folgendes geschrieben:
When I read all these scary observations and experiences...
Maybe you should read EVERYTHING to this topic and not only gossip from some people who obviously are unable to cope with the use of a smartphone and this software.
Marco64

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 26, 2014 13:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I just created an account to second what many already expressed. I am also disappointed that a developer of a great piece of software feels the need to push malware (i can't call this adware) on its users. What also surprises me is the irritated tone of the replies of Koelner on this thread. If leading anti-virus software gets triggered upon downloading this software, it realy is a problem for the author of the software. Maybe he should be more picky on what bloatware he wants to be bundled with. And what also is incorrect imho, is that he is still using a donate-button when pushing unwanted software. He needs to decide to use one or the other. He will not get any donation from me until the bloatware is gone.
fjsuser14

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 27, 2014 23:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

And clearly its malware, as I uninstalled both pieces of software using their own uninstall mechanism, but still discovered traces of them on my system via the "Malwarebytes Anti-malware" software.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 27-Aug-14
Scan Time: 3:31:13 PM
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.00.2.1012
Malware Database: v2014.08.27.06
Rootkit Database: v2014.08.21.01

Folders: 7
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\2.1.1000.13665, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\signatures, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\updates, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\Users\sb\AppData\Roaming\systweak\Advanced-System-Protector, , [3d55dcef5e1d2e08c8c836a991713bc5],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\Users\sb\AppData\Roaming\systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\2.1.1000.13665, , [3d55dcef5e1d2e08c8c836a991713bc5],

Files: 31
PUP.Optional.RegCleanPro, C:\Windows\System32\roboot64.exe, , [b0e24784f58679bd2f86684140c159a7],
PUP.Optional.RegCleanerPro, C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\ASP, , [c0d2aa21c2b949ed39914d9f41c1ba46],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\signatures\completedatabase.db, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\signatures\Cookies.bin, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\signatures\DigSign.bin, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\signatures\FilePathFIX.bin, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\signatures\FilePaths.bin, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\signatures\FileSignature.bin, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\signatures\Folders.bin, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\signatures\Md5.bin, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\signatures\Registry.bin, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\signatures\SetupSign.bin, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\signatures\StrSetupSign.bin, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\updates\100oupdate.zip, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\updates\1835completedatabase.zip, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\updates\1919mupdate.zip, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\updates\1920update.zip, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\updates\1921update.zip, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\updates\1922update.zip, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\updates\1923update.zip, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\updates\1924update.zip, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\ProgramData\Systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\updates\1925update.zip, , [93ff0dbe4833989eb4dc439c14ee32ce],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\Users\sb\AppData\Roaming\systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\QDetail.db, , [3d55dcef5e1d2e08c8c836a991713bc5],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\Users\sb\AppData\Roaming\systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\Settings.db, , [3d55dcef5e1d2e08c8c836a991713bc5],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\Users\sb\AppData\Roaming\systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\Update.ini, , [3d55dcef5e1d2e08c8c836a991713bc5],
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemProtector.A, C:\Users\sb\AppData\Roaming\systweak\Advanced-System-Protector\2.1.1000.13665\ASPLog.txt, , [3d55dcef5e1d2e08c8c836a991713bc5],
jmrk3sun

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 31, 2014 04:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am curious why FJ has not responded to all these posts about unwanted software installation?
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.