FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 amended recurring appointments don't sync Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
gazzawazza

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Aug 28, 2015 02:52 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

hi all

I'm having some difficulties with recurring appointments.

I've tested with the MPE nightly build, as well as the standard 1.8.6 version.

The phone client is 1.0.37

My phone is a Sony z3 compact, running the official OTA Sony 5.1.1 lollipop ROM.

The email client I'm syncing with is Outlook 2010 (64 bit).

The problem is that with a recurring series of appointments, if I adjust an appointment in that series (e.g. add some Notes to a single occurrence, creating what Microsoft call an "exception object"), these changes don't get carried over to the MPE desktop client or changes do reach the MPE desktop client but don't sync correctly over to my phone.

Previously, creating exception appointments in a recurring series of appointments was not a problem and would sync ok (using MPE 1.8.6 and kitkat). It just appears now to be an issue with lollipop.

Normal recurring appointments get synced fine.

I've tested resetting the sync history via MPE (settings/sync/events and tasks/reset sync-history). I've even tried deleting my phone's calendar and re-syncing.

Has anyone else found this to happen?

Regards,

Gary
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
gazzawazza

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Sep 04, 2015 23:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi again.

I have now tried with the 1st September nightly build.

I have made another series of recurring appointments (with one appointment with some additional content i.e. an exception object).

These now seems to have reached the MPE desktop client.

However only the amended appointment syncs to my phone. The rest of the recurring appointments (3 months of weekly appointments) have disappeared.

Not good.

I tried to reset the sync history - made no difference. The appointments are in the MPE desktop client but don't make it over to my phone.

Any advice please?

Is there a fix for this bug coming soon?

Thanks,

Gary
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Sep 05, 2015 00:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

There were problems with recurring appointments many moons ago but I thought they'd been fixed. To be fair, other apps trying to sync between Windows and Android also had issues along the same lines. But what I did then to get over the problem, and what I do still, is NOT to have recurring appointments but to have each as a separate appointment. That way I don't have problems with recurrance .... Very Happy

However, I do note that this may not be an acceptable solution. It is for me as I use Outlook 2010 and find it easy to 'copy and paste' appointments.

gazzawazza

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 10, 2015 14:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dvhttn hat Folgendes geschrieben:
There were problems with recurring appointments many moons ago but I thought they'd been fixed. To be fair, other apps trying to sync between Windows and Android also had issues along the same lines. But what I did then to get over the problem, and what I do still, is NOT to have recurring appointments but to have each as a separate appointment. That way I don't have problems with recurrance .... Very Happy

However, I do note that this may not be an acceptable solution. It is for me as I use Outlook 2010 and find it easy to 'copy and paste' appointments.

Hi Dave

Didn't get a notification for some reason that you'd replied.

Appreciate you getting back to me.

I think it's the fact things worked ok with kitkat which bugs me.

What I used to do was have a recurring set of appointments/reminders about hockey training. Then I'd write up what happened at training (as I coach too and you can always learn from other peoples' sessions), so I know for a fact MPE could handle recurring appointments and exceptions to those series of appointments.

Crudely, the odd one out seems to be lollipop. Tbh lollipop has been nothing but a pain. Kitkat was stable and relatively (to lollipop) frugal on battery life. Then there was the faffing (substitute that with other words beginning with "f") with silent mode. Nice idea on paper but just complicated matters.

Now I can't even do recurring appointments any more without issues grrrr.

MPE has been brilliant for me since HTC messed up HTC sync and I had to find an alternative for syncing calendars.

Your copy and paste would work but it's painful if you have 6 months of weekly appointments to create.

Would be handy if the dev could confirm whether there's an issue with recurring appointments and the lollipop native calendar.

Thanks,

Gary
gazzawazza

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 14, 2015 00:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I've now tried the 11 Sep 2015 debug version.

Again, exceptions to and remaining recurring appointments get written to main MPE client but don't update on phone local calendar.

Only way I can get them onto my phone is by wiping the calendar storage on phone and doing a clean sync.

This would seem to suggest that it's a problem with updating an existing recurring series of appointments (after creating exceptions). I don't know whether this is on the MPE or android side of things though.

If you create a brand new set of recurring appointments, they get synced fine by MPE.

Regards,

Gary
gazzawazza

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 09, 2015 01:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

good news!

Using MPE 1.8.6 nightly build (17 Sep 2015), in combination with Sony's new lollipop 5.1.1 firmware (23.4.A.1.200) seems to have resolved issue.

I can amend detail in a single appointment (e.g. add notes of what happened in that meeting), which was part of a recurring set of appointments, and that instance updates but the remaining recurring appointments stay in my calendar/don't get deleted.

Woohoo!

MPE phone client is 1.0.37 beta1

Regards,

Gary
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.