FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Images copied to PC from phone are read-only Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
DenisStarbank

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 09, 2015 12:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm new to myPhoneExplorer, but like it a lot!
One problem encountered is this:
Editing images copied from the phone to desktop using MS Office Picture Manager I get the message "file cannot be saved". I've tried resetting the read-only property for the host folder, or copying the images to another folder, but that doesnt help. I can fix it by generating a new image with Image Magick, if I have to, but this is tedious and seems overelaborate.
(Its the same whether I copy the images myself or pick them up from the myPhoneExplorer cache)
Is this a peculiarity of the phone, or due to a setting on the phone or a peculiarity of the way myPhoneExplorer copies images?
If others have the same problem, perhaps this is something that the myPhoneExplorer developers could look at sometime, because retrieving images for further use and editing is an everyday requirement?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 16, 2015 00:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Could not reproduce this issue. Can you verify this also with other filetypes (such as *.txt-File and editing with Notepad) ?

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
DenisStarbank

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jun 12, 2015 20:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Since my first posting on this topic, I've found the following
1. The 'read-only' behaviour is due to a setting in the Jpegs produced by my HTC One.
2. Its due to an entry in the "comment" property of the Jpeg
3. Not everything recognises this setting, but Microsoft Picture Manager does.
4. Its a very persistent setting. Other programs, such as Image Magick ignore the setting (ie. do not recognise it as meaning read-only) but do transmit it so that an attempted Picture Manager operation on an Image-Magick modified picture is still read-only!
5. It can be got rid of using Image Magick by forming a composite of the original Jpeg with a blank rectangle of the same size. Order is important! - the blank rectangle must come first.
6. It is nothing to do with FJ software - its something odd about the way HTC ONE sets up JPEGS.
All this is probably not of interest to anyone but me, but
thanks for allowing this post onto your forum.[/list]
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.