FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 autorun / autoplay MPE when connecting C902 Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
majdnem

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Sep 26, 2008 17:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have recently changed from a k750i to a C902.
When i connected my K750i, an autoplay options box would appear asking what program i wanted to run. I was able to add MPE to this list.

Now with my new C902, when i attach the phone via USB to the computer running Windows XP a *different* dialog box appears called "Portable device" with the message "Windows can perform the same action each time you connect this device. what do you want windows to do?" Unfortunately the list is empty - there are no options at all, no programs to select. I only want to use MPE with my SE C902, but can see no way to add MPE to this menu.

Going to MyComputer > C902 > properties > autoplay is no good either as MPE does not appear in the list of program options (only WMP, Windows Explorer and Media Monkey appear in this list) - Why not MPE!?!

I've wasted hours on this. If anyone can advise me, i would really appreciate it...

thanks!

Majdnem

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Sep 26, 2008 18:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It seems that you choosed "Filetransfermode" when you connected the phone. Thats wrong - you have to sleect "Phonemode" or "Norml mode". After this Windows should install some drivers for your phone and then you can hit "Search device" in the settingswindow of MyPhoneExplorer
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
majdnem

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 09, 2009 20:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

[quote="FJ"After this Windows should install some drivers for your phone and then you can hit "Search device" in the settingswindow of MyPhoneExplorer[/quote]
Thanks for your reply, but i think you misunderstood my question. I have no problem using my C902 phone with my computer or with MPE.
The problem that i do have is that i have to 1) close a useless autoplay menu that pops up when i attach the phone to the computer (useless because MPE is not listed as a program or action i can use with the phone) and 2) because i have to launch MPE from my programs list.
What i would like to be able to do is add MPE to the autoplay menu that appears when i attach the phone (which is what used to happen with my old K750i), but i can't find any way to do this.
Any advice?
Thanks!

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 09, 2009 23:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'll take a look at this
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 10, 2009 00:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

• Open notepad
• Insert this text:
Zitat:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers\WPD\Compat\WiaDeviceConnected]
"MyPhoneExplorer_Handler"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\MyPhoneExplorer_Handler]
"Action"="Run MyPhoneExplorer"
"DefaultIcon"="%programfiles%\\MyPhoneExplorer\\MyPhoneExplorer.exe,0"
"InitCmdLine"="%programfiles%\\MyPhoneExplorer\\MyPhoneExplorer.exe"
"ProgID"="Shell.HWEventHandlerShellExecute"
"Provider"="MyPhoneExplorer"

• save the file as "Add_MPE_to_Autoplay.reg" on the desktop and doubleclick the file

After this information was added MyPhoneExplorer should appear in Autorun for connected phones. Please report me if its working
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 11, 2009 13:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi
Thanks *very* much for the fast and helpful reply - that really is appreciated.
I did as you suggested but it was not successful. When i attach the phone i get the same result as before.
I don't know whether it is significant, but there is something (sorry to be vague) different about the autorun (is that the right word? autorun? autoplay?) options window that appears when i attach the phone. I mean different to the window that used to appear when i attached my old K750i. The window title is "portable device" and next to the message "Windows can perform the same action each time you connect this device. what do you want windows to do?", there is a little mobile phone icon (which strangely looks exactly the same as my C902). The options contained in the list are "Open device to view files", "Sync digital media files to this device using WMP" and "Take no action".
When i go to "My Computer" and right-click on "C902" > properties, i get a window with two tabs: "general" and "autoplay". When i select the "autoplay" tab i see the same options i have listed above, but with no way to add MPE to the list of options.
I hope this information might help you suggest a slightly different method to the one you so kindly suggested before.
Thanks again.
George
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 11, 2009 13:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Cause of this i wanted to report me if its working Wink

I made and tested this on Vista in hope that there is no diffrence to XP. In general its easy to set up an Autoplay-Handler for AudioCD, Empty CD or Removal Drive, but its by far not so easy for a customized devicetype like "Phone".The other options you see appear for all removal drives, but i don't want to add MPE as handler for all removal drives. I will test the whole thing on evening on Windows XP, maybe there is also a solution for XP.
majdnem

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 11, 2009 14:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks very much. I look forward to seeing what new method you can suggest! Smile

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 14, 2009 14:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi there. I'm still trying to get MPE to be listed as an autoplay option when i connect my C902 to my computer.
I have tried using TweakUI to set this up, but have been unable to do so. One thing i have just noticed is that in tweakUI > My computer > Autoplay, it says "In order for Autoplay to be enabled on a particular drive, it must be enabled as a drive letter as well as by drive type."
When my C902 is attached to the computer, it is not assigned a drive letter, nor are the seperately listed "Phone Memory" and "Memory Stick".
Is anyone able to suggest a way around this. I would *really* like to have MPE available as an autoplay option...
Thanks!
Majdnem

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 14, 2009 18:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The phone has no driveletter cause its in Windows visible as "Windows Portable Device". I have to learn some things about the WPD-Interface, currently i cannot tell you if there is a solution but i am working on it.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 16, 2009 16:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK, i think i have found the right settings for Windows XP (works on my PC):
Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers\MTPMediaPlayerArrival]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\MyPhoneExplorer_Handler]
"DefaultIcon"="%programfiles%\\MyPhoneExplorer\\MyPhoneExplorer.exe,0"
"InitCmdLine"="%programfiles%\\MyPhoneExplorer\\MyPhoneExplorer.exe"
majdnem

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 18, 2009 19:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
OK, i think i have found the right settings for Windows XP (works on my PC)

Hi again, and thanks very much for trying this. I've added this code to the registry as you instructed above but I'm still getting the same result. I've tried it on two different machines running XP (fully updated SP3 etc), tried restarting and trying again... it doesn't seem to be making any difference.

Is there any other information i could give you that would help you identify why it works on your XP machine but not on mine?

Thanks again!!!
Very Happy

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 18, 2009 19:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I had WinXP SP2 for testing, maybe there is something changed in SP3. But i don't want to install SP3 cause it makes many problems.

It worked with my XP-Desktop-PC, when i have time i will try it also on my laptop (but this one has also SP2)
majdnem

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 18, 2009 20:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK - thanks. I'll see if i can find a Windows XP SP2 machine to try it on too.

Very Happy

BeitragVerfasst am: So Mai 17, 2009 13:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for the reghack FJ.
With a little modification it worked on Win 7 64bit for me:

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers\WPD\Compat\WiaDeviceConnected]

"DefaultIcon"="%programfiles(x86)%\\MyPhoneExplorer\\MyPhoneExplorer.exe,0"
"InitCmdLine"="%programfiles(x86)%\\MyPhoneExplorer\\MyPhoneExplorer.exe"

Just needed to change the pathes.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.