FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MEP does not work after Windows 10 updation Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
prashant

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 06, 2015 23:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

After windows 10 updation MPE only flashes and close down immediately. Kindly help to resolve the issue.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Aug 07, 2015 09:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Here, I tossed you a breadcrumb. Now go and prepare the Last Supper from that.

Guy, what do you think we can do about your problem without telling us anything? And please, I´m really getting bored to say that, read the forum for all the other mentioned problems with W10.

Evil or Very Mad

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Aug 08, 2015 08:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Dear Mr Koelner, Thanks for your response. I gone through major of the chat on forum about windows 10. I did not found any solution about my problem hence I posted it separately.

What information you want from us. The problem is very simple that "MEP opens in windows 10 flashes for 4 seconds and automatically closes down". I can't tell or elaborate the problem more than this. I am not a software engineer.

If you can help me on this please guide accordingly. If not I will check it with other forums.
user_deleted
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Aug 08, 2015 21:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Possibly there are some issues with permissions since update to Win10.

Did you try to start MPE "as administrator"?

best regards...
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 09, 2015 11:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just to give an example from the other side of the fence ... We updated my son's laptop to W10 from W8.1 recently (updated rather than a fresh install) and so I decided to try this. MPE started and ran with no problems. Now I didn't try to sync for various reasons but MPE did not close down and still had the data from when I used it last - when on W8.1.

Just FYI ....

prashant

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 09, 2015 12:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you very much for your response. I tried it by running as an administrator, but didn't successful. Actually the window is closing immediately hence can't sync or see the old and new data. I will wait to get the result as windows 10 is newly launched. But I really can't go away from MEP. It is the best app designed so far for android phone. Thank you for your responses.
moonvalleyaz

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 13, 2015 23:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

[quote="prashant"]After windows 10 updation MPE only flashes and close down immediately. Kindly help to resolve the issue.[/quote]

I am having major problems also. I am about ready to give up. My calendar and notes wants to send all new appointments to the phone. they are already there. MyPhoneExplorer worked great before Windows10. Perhaps Microsoft is trying to push entrepreneurs like F.J. out of business. I wouldn't be surprised.
prashant

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Aug 15, 2015 07:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Absolutely right friend. I have the same feeling too. Windows want to trouble developers like F J and app like MEP, instead of supporting them.

MyphoneExplorer is a outcome of really genuine thinking and proved its importance with its features. Windows should support it.

I am hopeful the developer F J will find out solution for it and we will enjoy the features of MEP again.

Remember My problem is still the same, "MEP opens in windows 10 keep opening for 4 to 5 seconds and closes completely without any error message."
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Aug 15, 2015 10:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

prashant hat Folgendes geschrieben:
... Remember My problem is still the same, "MEP opens in windows 10 keep opening for 4 to 5 seconds and closes completely without any error message."

Firstly. as I said, MPE works fine on my W10- system.

Secondly, have you checked the system logs on your PC straight after MPE crashes to see if there is anything that might indicate what the problem is?

Thirdly, have you tested with a clean install of W10? This link shows how to do that ... http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/ ... start part way down the page. But basically, assuming you have a W8.1 machine you do the W10 'upgrade', ensure that W10 is 'activated' (which indicates you now have a W10 licence key), then download the W10 ISO so you can then do the clean install.

Note that I haven't done the clean install yet, my system works fine after a straight upgrade from W8.1

prashant

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Aug 15, 2015 19:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I got the following error message code in System Information of Windows Error reporting about MPE. I couldn't make out anything from it. May developers get the error information and remedy for the same through this.

Application Error Faulting application name: MyPhoneExplorer.exe, version: 1.8.0.6, time stamp: 0x53e94294
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0421dee8
Faulting process id: 0x1c68
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0d377e072eb9b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MyPhoneExplorer\MyPhoneExplorer.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 2d3b28fa-4939-43a4-82f4-f9452870b5b2
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:
gerryharris

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 16, 2015 10:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

MPE works OK with my Win 10 system.
I installed Win 10 over my Win 8.1 system.
Cheers
Gerry

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 16, 2015 11:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

prashant hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I got the following error message code in System Information of Windows Error reporting about MPE. I couldn't make out anything from it. May developers get the error information and remedy for the same through this. ...

Any other programs have problems after the update to W10? Have you tried a clean install of W10?

prashant

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 16, 2015 17:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

No I have not done the clean install of windows 10. My windows 10 update got direct from licensed 8.1 to 10. The system is running fine except MPE. There was a problem to Virtual Router like MPE. But it started working after uninstall and reinstall.

I uninstalled and reinstalled MPE several time but didn't got success.
But surprisingly yesterday MPE I tried to install and run MPE portable version and found it running perfectly.

Can you guide me how to take old data to newly installed and working MPE portable. This will help me a lot as well. Actually I am worrying about the backup of my old SMSs.
prashant

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 19, 2015 13:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yes....Good News. MyPhoneExplorer finally started to work with Windows 10. But it has problems with Bluetooth.

Here I had sacrifice a lot for it i.e. my whole old data of last 3 years in MPE.

Every time when I used to uninstall and reinstall the MPE app, I never permitted to erase the data of MPE from your computer during uninstall. But when I give up and took last chance with uninstalling with erasing whole data. MPE starts perfectly from next installation. Its not getting connected with Bluetooth but works with USB.

Can anybody tell me in which folder the MPE data get saved. Can I retrieve it again in the newly started MPE.
user_deleted
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 19, 2015 22:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

MPE's data is stored in "%appdata$\MyPhoneExplorer", if you did not change database path in settings.

If data is still there, you could do a "offline backup" from that (please do a search in this forum for "offline backup", there must be some topics about that) and restore to the new installation.

best regards...
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.