FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Post wishes, Feature requests here Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
RedJ

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 23, 2014 16:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

This is my number one functionality wish list item:

My whole family shares a contacts set and a calendar, but getting some family members to sync their devices is a problem. My kids don't have access to my computer account and my wife isn't very computer savvy and just won't ever log on and sync her phone. It would be easier to get them to have up to date calendars if the MPE app on the phone had a button for initiate multi-sync and then dialogs for managing conflicts similar to the PC. It would also be good to have some permissions per device built in so that I could restrict some mobile users to read-only syncing (i.e. overwrite device entry or skip that item for conflicts).

I know this is probably a big item in terms of development, but I think would really take this utility to another level. I know why MPE is great, but it's sometimes difficult to get others on-board.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
TheLandYacht

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 23, 2014 22:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'll second this one. An "initiate sync" button within the App on the phone would be quite useful.

RedJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
This is my number one functionality wish list item:

My whole family shares a contacts set and a calendar, but getting some family members to sync their devices is a problem. My kids don't have access to my computer account and my wife isn't very computer savvy and just won't ever log on and sync her phone. It would be easier to get them to have up to date calendars if the MPE app on the phone had a button for initiate multi-sync and then dialogs for managing conflicts similar to the PC. It would also be good to have some permissions per device built in so that I could restrict some mobile users to read-only syncing (i.e. overwrite device entry or skip that item for conflicts).

I know this is probably a big item in terms of development, but I think would really take this utility to another level. I know why MPE is great, but it's sometimes difficult to get others on-board.
TheLandYacht

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 23, 2014 22:34 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

So...with all the troubles popping up thanks to the 4.4.2 update, I'll add a request.

We need a bare-bones SMS reader in the on-phone app so the phone will stop bugging us with that "do you want to switch default reader" message over & over again.
Rolando Zappacosta

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 23, 2014 23:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

+1
janjan

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jun 09, 2014 13:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

here is my wish:

i use calendar very often and i would be happy if it will be possible to edit the appointment duration presets. in "new appointment" window there is column "duration" and i can select "2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours etc". and i would like to quickly select for example 5 hours (because my appointments are periodically 5 hours), not edit the "other end time" because of it. so in settings of my phone explorer there could be section to edit these presets.

(sorry for my english it is not my native language)

(and thank you for myphoneexplorer, its one of the best software i use and first "free" software which i sent donation to)
Anakunda

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 18, 2014 20:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi, this would be VERY helpful if MPE could find all duplicate messages in SMS inbox/sentbox and mark them for deletion. During many various transfers from old phones/systems more than 4000 messages accumulated in my SMS store, most of them being 1-4x duplicated. Finding and deleting all dupes manually would take ages.

When MPE restores/updates/deletes messages in phone, it requests assigning MPE client to become default SMS handler. This is not too standard approach. Only default SMS handlers have access to SMS store?
vodoomoth

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 19, 2014 09:34 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@Anakunda: there already is a "Search duplicates" menu entry. Click on "Archive (computer)" then right click in the message list. It's in there.
Anakunda

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 19, 2014 13:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

That's working, appreciate. Find duplicates would be yet better if applied to inbox/outbox to delete dupes right in phone.
Shu'ayb

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 25, 2014 20:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,

Thanks for the great software.

My syncs are being paused due to a prompt that comes up each time:

Some messages are already in the archive.
Copy identical messages to the archive?
Yes / No

Could this be eliminated please, so that I can sync in one go?
vodoomoth

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 26, 2014 10:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@Shu'ayb: I've asked for this already. It's been taken into account I think. We just need to be patient :)
redrock

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 29, 2014 18:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi FJ,

Thanks for this unique soft that i often ask me how i could have done so long without it.

I have a request maybe you could add to the next up to date version. sometimes i could find verycool in colouring the background of an entire day to give it a special intention that can be seen in an eyeblick. Like a day off coloured in green in the middle of an usual and boring week. or like the first day of vacations, or for the whole period of vacations. The same way you've coloured the background of the week end, the possibility to choose a background colour would be very appreciate. It's not necessary to have the choice in a range of a billion colours, but five or ten juicy (flashy) colours could be enough.
In the same direction, add a general title (few words) for this special day when changing the backgound colour would be a plus.

The final ideal idea could be to add a function in the "new appointment" window with the possibility to colouring the background of each lap of appointment to distinguish a work date from a leisure date in the same day. That coulb be used by workors to distinguish different parts of of a working day (appointment, reunion, meeting, lunch time, a.s.o.). This could be independant of the background colour of a special day.

Thanks to think about it.

I am really impatient to the arriving of the next version.

Bob
aebbee

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 13, 2014 16:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi All,

particularly to the developers... great job done, a big thanks & thumbup to you.

after using nokia (symbian) for nearly a decade. it was sad to see the fading shades of Nokia. and but natural my first choice was android. And once decided ~ my first search on app list was the software supporting my mobile (just as nokia PC Suite)

and to be honest, i was seriously impressed with the identical way of operating mobile to PC, for both.

will love to be in touch, with you all. Once i get accustomed to android (& particularly MPE features)

regards,

aebbee
benlm72

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 14, 2014 08:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,
Here are two features that would be interesting, at last for my personal use :
- when launching MyPhoneExplorer for multisync directly from then windows Menu, I would prefer that, at the end of the multisync, the desktop app closes instead of opening : a setting in the multisync options could enable the two behaviours
- Adding an option to enable automatic launch (of the multisync for example, in my case) when MPE on desktop detects connexion of a device with mpe client. For now, I've set my mpe client with automatic launch with bluetooth, the next step would be that my mpe desktop launches multisync when it detects my device.
Many thanks for your work,
Benoît
lamrock

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 20, 2014 01:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sirs, I would love to be able to make phone call from my PC using the USB connection to my Samsung Phone. Bluetooth does not extend the distance for me. I have my phone on the end of a long USB cable to get good reception. So the Audio connection via Bluetooth does not do the job.

I love the software many thanks

Richard
Shohreh

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 20, 2014 12:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have three suggestions:

1. In the menu that pops up when right-clic.k.i.n.g on the icon in the icon zone, provide a way for the user to choose between Basic and Full menus, and make it possible to configure what the Basic menu includes.

Personally, when right-clic.k.i.n.g on the MPE icon in the icon zone, I only use the "Start Multi-sync" option, but every once in a while, hit the "New message" item below by mistake.

2. Likewise for the toolbar: I only use the "New message" icon to send a new SMS/text message, but always have to stop and hover the mouser because I don't know if the right icon is the yellow envelope or the orange balloon icon. It'd be cool if the toolbar could be customized to only keep such and such icon.

3. In the Extras menu in the main application, add the following two items:
a. Add "Check version" that will connect to a script on the server and tell the user whether a new release is available
b. Add a "Go to web site" to launch the default browser… and go to the MPE web site
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.