FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Thunderbird and MyPhoneExplorer with Ubuntu Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
laurent lefol

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 18, 2018 18:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,
I moved to Ubuntu and Thunderbird.
I would be very happy if I could use again Myphoneexplorer in this new environment.
I mean a Linux version of Myphoneexplorer that would work natively with Thunderbird. No use of Mime or other trick.
I would be ready to participate to its funding.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 22, 2018 23:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

laurent lefol hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Hello,
I moved to Ubuntu and Thunderbird.
I would be very happy if I could use again Myphoneexplorer in this new environment.
I mean a Linux version of Myphoneexplorer that would work natively with Thunderbird. No use of Mime or other trick.
I would be ready to participate to its funding.

I am new to the forum but in a similar situation. While I use Windows at work, my home system is Ubuntu and I wish I could reuse MPE here as well.

Just now I investigated and stumbled over https://wammu.eu/.
Not tested yet, but I believe it should not take too much work to use gammu for exporting calendar entries from the phone, then find a thunderbird command to import them. Similar on the outbound way. For real synchronisation there may be some more work to be done but it should be fairly easy as someone just needs to focus on what data to transfer/when to transfer, not about connectivity or so.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
duboism

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 26, 2018 00:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

I am a long time Linux (and Thunderbird) user.

I have been able to install MPE on Ubuntu via Wine (an implementation of Windows API which allows to run Windows programs - see [1]). I have described how to do that in [2] (don't forget to install the companion app on your phone). Depending on your knowledge of Ubuntu, I can give your more details.

So now, I can access my messages from Ubuntu but I don't know how to import them in Thunderbird. I will dig in the forum (several posts mention that).

I used Gammu/Wammu to backup messages on my previous non Android-based phones and it worked very well (I used to import them on a email client). However, it doesn't work out-of-the-box (see [3] - the link mention that the MPE companion help might help, I will try to investigate).

HTH,
Mathieu

[1] https://www.winehq.org/
[2] https://forum.fairphone.com/t/back-up-text-messages/37187/10
[3] https://github.com/gammu/gammu/issues/81
duboism

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 26, 2018 00:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

This thread in the forum might help.
Josiah Carberry

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 08, 2019 12:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The very useful threads that already have discussed how to use MPE on a Linux platform are somewhat old and out of date:
1) They don't always take into account the use of an Android phone; MPE does not let you configure using a com port for the usb interface on Android
2) The replacement of the default wine oleaut32 dll is apparently no longer required - in any case, when I tried doing so, wine told me that it would NOT work with that version of oleaut32.dll, whereas the default wine version doesn't seem to pose any problems.
3) The integration with Thunderbird, requiring a second installation of Thunderbird under wine, didn't work for me (the install failed - but that is perhaps a different issue).

What I would be happy to learn is how to configure the USB connection when using an Android phone and ver 1.8.11 of MPE.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.