FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Android ignores ARP requests, times-out connection attempt Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
MRPS

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 06, 2019 17:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the following and has a solution.

We have a PC set up to start MyPhoneExplorer automatically after login. This is so the operators at our radio base can restart the PCs and have everything they need start up without manual intervention. MyPhoneExplorer is configured to connect to a fixed IP which the phone picks up from a DHCP reservation.

What I am finding is maybe 50% of the time MyPhoneExplorer would not connect on start-up. I have narrowed the problem down to the Android phone not always responding to ARP requests in a timely fashion (if at all). The PC obviously has an empty ARP table after starting up, and MyPhoneExplorer will timeout prior to the Android phone eventually responding to the multiple ARP requests the OS sends.

What I am trying to work around the issue is to have task scheduler ping the Android's IP prior to starting MyPhoneExplorer. Early tests show this appears to be working. If this isn't reliable, my next attempt is to set a static ARP entry, but that isn't a good practise and I would rather avoid that.

Has anyone else experienced such an issue and has ideas? Is there any way to increase the timeout built into MyPhoneExplorer?

Kind Regards,

Lee
MRPS IT & Comms Officer

(e) it.portstephens@marinerescuensw.com.au
(m) +61 405 013 141
(w) http://www.marinerescueportstephens.com.au
(fb) https://www.facebook.com/MRPRTSE/

“Volunteers doing our jobs professionally”
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.