FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Question about updating MPE Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Malygris

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 04, 2019 04:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

A couple of months ago I ran into the problem where I could no longer delete text messages from my phone via my PC. Hit up the forums, found the instructions for rolling back to an older version of the mobile app on Android, and all was well. But now I have a couple of questions:

How long can we reasonably expect the old version of the app to continue working with updated version of the PC software? The recent PC update is actually what got me thinking about this. Will we at some point have to update to a new version of the mobile app if we want to keep the PC software up to date?

And is there any chance that the mobile app will be able to support text message deletion via the PC in the future? Is it something that individual developers (like FJ) can work out with Google, or is it a complete, closed-forever dead end?

I've been using MPE for years and I love it (and yes, I've paid for it, a couple of times I think) but as much as I hate to say it, restrictions on functionality and having to worry about accidentally updating the app are kind of an aggravation.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 04, 2019 10:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Malygris hat Folgendes geschrieben:
How long can we reasonably expect the old version of the app to continue working with updated version of the PC software?

Nobody can answer that.
FJ made the decison to provide the old version as a workaround and he will keep this up as long as it´s possible.
But if for some reasons this won´t work together with the development of the origin MPE, that might change.

And is there any chance that the mobile app will be able to support text message deletion via the PC in the future? Is it something that individual developers (like FJ) can work out with Google, or is it a complete, closed-forever dead end?

The whole thing came from Google and there have been talks with people from all other the world. The result you can see.
Given other changes in the past it is astronmically unlikely, that they´ll reverse their changes.

restrictions on functionality and having to worry about accidentally updating the app are kind of an aggravation.

Sorry, but blame Google for that or learn to make the best of it.

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 04, 2019 17:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

That's what I am doing - I know FJ bears no responsibility for it and I'm considering where I might want to go from here. But part of making that decision involves asking questions about where the software itself might go, since that's not the sort of thing end-users really have insight into. Literally "learning to make the best of it," you might say.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.