FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Connect to fixed IP is greyed out - Add Chrome Book WORKED Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
DaaBoss

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 22, 2019 19:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

UPDATE -- I don't know why, but this time I saved the IP of 93 in the F-2 setup for WiFi. As reported below, the "Search for Device" was broken. However, the F-1 connect key DID FORCE looking for 93, and only ...93. So, I DID finally connect my Chrome Book.

During first sync:
Contacts, Call and Message Logs, and Files timed out when syncing finally, but Calendar and Monitor Worked. The Contacts, Phone and Messages and Files Errors out, I think with: OBEX Errorcode: C1 - Unauthorized. You must go to the Chrome book to Authorize these, and I suspect that you must also need to be logged into whatever accounts you plan to sync. Once you accept, resync. I don't have access to the System files, but everything else appears to be there.

[Before] = Auto Scan did NOT find the Chrome Book to ADD the device.

-- UPDATE -- This is STILL a problem:
I hit F-2 and wanted to scan a fixed IP WiFi. It has "Search for Device" greyed out, after entering the IP for this F-2 UI. so I cannot scan at all from this F-2 screen.

When I save the IP, and then try to scan using F-1, it NOW WORKS, but failed several times.

WHEN it DID fail, I could see in the logs that it did try, couldn't find it (but found many other WiFi devices I have), and then it instead said, "Try using the last IP used (28=for my phone)", which then connected to the phone, instead.

MARK this now as "Unknown or Unconfirmed Problem", since it did fail before, as described. But, the last time I tried, it correctly forced trying to connect ONLY to the saved, NON-cached IP:

I'd like to have it automatically try the last IP as default, but there must be a way to force not using the cache, or know where that location the IP is stored so I can manually change it. (Registry? .INI file?) If so, I could connect to the CB and confirm that works first, even if scan is not working.

Please add some very clear buttons at the top of the main MBE-EXE screen to control connections:
    - Device NAME
    - LIVE? connected?
    - Disconnect
    - Connect To: [list or prompt for new existing device]
    - Scan for New, [or if fail, try to connect to last device]
    - Last Synced: [time/date]

In the MBE-C-Android please add buttons to:
    - Announce/Retry [again for 15 minutes]
    - Close connection
    - Sync [Try to force sync]

Why? When setting up an Android 5.0 device, before I changed the setting to force "always connected", I had a great deal of difficulty shutting down, and restarting the app with a cold start, without which, the PC couldn't find the device[s].

The Chrome Book does have an IMEI, but not an IMSI.

FYI --- How can we flag spam or at least notify an admin? [See 11/22, today's 2 spam posts in this section.]

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.