FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Version 1.8.13 MMS Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
DagSa

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 18, 2020 09:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,
I upgraded from previous version and sync phone over WiFi.
Everything worked as before, but messages was slower this time due to it probably downloaded MMS this time. Downloaded around 40 MB!
I can not see any difference in message list. MMS I sent or recived have a different icon and content is blank. No text, no picture.
On other hand, I don't know how it should work either, but if it downloaded a lot, it must be somewhere to look at.
Perhaps an explanation about the new function with MMS could explain what work and not, and how to do. Perhaps its only new MMS showing up.
Possible to also write MMS at PC?

Keep up the good work, this was something I waited for. Very Happy

Phone: Samsung S7, firmware 3.18.91 (Feb-27-2020), Oreo
PC: windows 7, 64bit
app 1.0.70

edit: typo

Zuletzt bearbeitet von DagSa am Do März 19, 2020 16:44, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
fitz7600

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 18, 2020 17:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Message folder sync takes 5-10 minutes to complete with latest version and then Myphoneexplorer closes without warning when completed. I finally disabled message folder sync. Windows 10, Samsung Galaxy S8 android v9.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von fitz7600 am Do März 19, 2020 13:44, insgesamt 3-mal bearbeitet
Tomaso

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 18, 2020 19:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

This change has created a big issue for me.
It causes the client app (v1.0.47) to crash on my old Android (v2.3.4) phone, before the sync process is able to finnish!
To avoid such potential issues (and frustration, due to time-consumption), MMS sync should be optional, and disabled by default!! Sad

Went back to MyPhoneExplorer v1.8.12
vodoomoth

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 18, 2020 21:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@DagSa: I also get a blank "text" field for MMS, as well as a blank "Sender". However, "Time" has a date and time, and the extended properties show the "Text coding". I for one don't experience slowness on the Sync operation.

It's a great thing that SMS sync has come. It doesn't seem to work for me yet but still, great news.
jal3

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 18, 2020 22:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I installed v 1.8.13 today. The first sync I did with my Galaxy S9 phone took perhaps 10 minutes to get through my history of text messages. It went very fast through the first approximately 3,000 messages and then very slowly through the next roughly 2,000 messages. I suspect the slow part was a large backlog of MMS messages.

After this was done, the MMS messages seem to be in the list of messages, but as others have noted, there is no sender info and for most of them there is no text.
NickHark

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 18, 2020 23:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm having similar problems with .13. One error indicated it was an OBEX error. Multi Syncing hangs on Contacts and then disconnects or times-out with message OBEX Error. It repeats when I sync contacts only.

Win10

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 19, 2020 05:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

woohoo! thanks for the mms sync option So pleased to have that.

All working perfectly for me. If there is text in the mms it is showing, the sender name is there and the photo is there

Windows 10 and Samsung S5 Android 6 (client app 1.0.70)
DagSa

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 19, 2020 11:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

jal3 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I installed v 1.8.13 today. The first sync I did with my Galaxy S9 phone took perhaps 10 minutes to get through my history of text messages. It went very fast through the first approximately 3,000 messages and then very slowly through the next roughly 2,000 messages. I suspect the slow part was a large backlog of MMS messages.

After this was done, the MMS messages seem to be in the list of messages, but as others have noted, there is no sender info and for most of them there is no text.

Experience same as you about time and how it got all SMS.

In the list the Send/To is correct and date/time. Content is blank. Properties give: text coding: 7 Bit - standard. Could this be right for MMS?

Another new feature in "Conversation list" its much slower to use scrollbar. 10 seconds/move. Also possible to scroll the scollbar but the list don't move!

I love to have this working!

PC: win7 64bit, Samsung S7 Oreo (8.0), app 1.0.70. Sync by WiFi.
Underwater Mike

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 19, 2020 15:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm having the same issue with slowness and shutdowns after message sync. Plus, it will sync only about half my messages before giving up.

Is it possible to reinstall the last version over this one?
fredmc

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 19, 2020 16:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Syncing messages now extremely slow. At about 8,600 of 9,300 messages it slowed to about 0.01 MB per second. Been running now for about 30 minutes.

Worst is, I click The X to close the "Please Wait" progress box, and it says "Aborting current task" but it keeps on syncing at the same slow rate! I hate using Task Manager to stop it, but did anyway.

Windows 10, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G.

I agree MMS should be optional.

Been using MPE for years, and absolutely love it. Have donated several times. I encourage all pleased users to donate occasionally.
dvjunk

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 19, 2020 16:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I installed 1.8.13 yesterday and updated my phone client to the latest also.
Moto G5Plus - Android 8.1.0
Synced over Bluetooth (and tried USB)
Synced to Outlook 365 ProPlus Version 1908
Win10 Enterprise (work laptop)

Everything seems to work fine except syncing messages. It loads the first 3000 or so quickly then slows way down. After some time (at least 15 min) it gets to about 5000 messages (out of 9000+) and over 100 MB and then crashes MPE.
Syncing again starts over with syncing messages (doesn't start from where it crashed) and crashes again. I tried USB as that is much faster for syncing (especially when I have a lot of photos) but that didn't seem to be any faster and gave the same results. Syncing messages only (vs my normal multi-sync) gives the same results.
I turned off message syncing for now and everything else seems great, and it does sync faster than before.

Thanks for this great program... I've been using it for many years and donated several times... appreciate all of your efforts!!!
markbarkk

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 20, 2020 06:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Samsung SM-J120ZN - Android version 5.1.1
Phone MPE Client version 1.0.70
Syncs over USB, Bluetooth and WiFi.
Windows 10 Pro 1909 Build 18363.720

Upgraded from 1.8.12 to 1.8.13 ok. Greatly anticipated new MMS functionality.
However, somewhere during the synching of the MMS messages the process stalled & then timed out with an OBEX error of 00.
I was hoping there was a setting to exclude the MMS messages, but alas none was to be found.
I have been forced to roll back to update .12.
Am hoping the next update (.14) solves the issue.
If anyone knows the cause of the issue or better yet a resolve; please let us all know.

It would be a great shame if this fantastic application were to be marred by this teething issue.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 20, 2020 09:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The guys who are interested to help me fixing the issue please contact me via email with a link to this thread.

Thank you

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
rw4x4van

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 20, 2020 15:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

markbarkk hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Samsung SM-J120ZN - Android version 5.1.1
Phone MPE Client version 1.0.70
Syncs over USB, Bluetooth and WiFi.
Windows 10 Pro 1909 Build 18363.720

Upgraded from 1.8.12 to 1.8.13 ok. Greatly anticipated new MMS functionality.
However, somewhere during the synching of the MMS messages the process stalled & then timed out with an OBEX error of 00.
I was hoping there was a setting to exclude the MMS messages, but alas none was to be found.
I have been forced to roll back to update .12.
Am hoping the next update (.14) solves the issue.
If anyone knows the cause of the issue or better yet a resolve; please let us all know.

It would be a great shame if this fantastic application were to be marred by this teething issue.

Same exact problem...
jonkmanj

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 20, 2020 22:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I synced over WiFi and USB and have the same results either way. Messages from certain phone numbers do not back up to my PC and from some other phone numbers only some of the messages (sent and received) back up. This has always been the case and is still happening after I upgraded to 1.8.13. This is not acceptable for my application. I have 22,000 messages on my phone, which is slowing down messaging. So, once a year, during the slow season I export all my messages to a spreadsheet using MyPhonExplorer, which works well. I then reset my phone to clear out all the messages on it. However, I lose all the messages that have not synced to my computer. I rely heavily on message dialogues with my clients for documentation of our transactions, and need to refer to them in future years.
Also, the MMS messages now seem to be in the list of messages, but as others have noted, there is no sender info and for most of them there is no text and not any pictures. I also cannot see the messages that have multiple recipients, i.e. group messages.
What am I doing wrong?
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.