FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Duplicate Contacts - Outlook Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Frolin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 20, 2020 21:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

For about 4-5 months now, when I sync my Android, Samsung S10 to my Windows 10 PC and MS-Outlook 2019, I get about 15-18 duplicate contacts listed / created. often seems to be the same people.

I have tried different options, from allowing the sync to add the extra, then delete, in Outlook or in MPE, they came up again next sync.
Have deleted the connection and contacts in MPE and re-setup the connection new, sync and get duplicates again.
Uninstalled and reinstalled MPE on phone and PC, same results after.

Today it deleted a contact that was not duplicate and I saved/scr shot first, that was added in December. So who else did I not notice deleted over the months of glitches.

Have used MPE for years, various phones, never had this issue.
At this point, MPE has become un-safe, unreliable, for Contacts.

Have seen various similar posts, sync with Windows Contacts and Google Contacts, but not MS-Outlook.

Also not seen any solutions, as if this bug is not being fixed ?

Anyone found a fix yet - not posted ?

Frolin
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 21, 2020 00:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If that happened to me I would a) sort out my contacts such that Outlook had ALL the latest/up to date information. b) delete all contacts on the phone (usually in settings > apps > (show system apps) contacts storage > storage > clear cache/data - at least that's how it is on Android 10 on my Note 9).

Now that all information has been deleted from the phone c) ensure that the time/date/daylights savings are correct on both the phone and your PC. d) Sync contacts again - obviously from scratch this time.

Hopefully that will solve your problem. Also check your contacts when you first sync as Android usually says something like 'you have 14 similar contacts. do you wish to merge them?' (or something similar). Just say 'No'.

Frolin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 21, 2020 01:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Dave,

This S10 phone was new in the Fall, shortly before this started.
I loaded the Contacts to the phone from the PC via MPE.

Deleting Contacts on the phone and reloading is an annoying process to re-setup, with custom ring-tones for various contacts, which I have for many.

Having current date and time zone is a given.

After deleting the duplicates several times, either in Outlook, in MPE or on the phone, it seems the issue would be done.

Gotta be a better answer... I hope.
Still wondering why FJ Software has not addressed this issue, since several have reported...

Frolin
bercel

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 21, 2020 06:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ol-lookfordups/
From time to time I use this.
I haven't checked if mpe generate duplicates today.

Win10
Frolin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 21, 2020 22:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Bercel,
Thanks, that sounds like a clean up tool,
not a solution to the MPE software issue.

Per my message, I have manually deleted the duplicates.

Am still looking to see if anyone had found a 'fix' to this glitch ?

Frolin
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 21, 2020 23:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

There have been comments/queries about duplicate entries in the past. Maybe a search may throw up something that relates to your problem? Hmmm. I thought about custom ring tones in the past but my problem is I'd forget who had which ringtone ... Rolling Eyes Very Happy Just have the phone ring and bring up their picture now .....

Frolin

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 22, 2020 01:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Dave,

Yep, as said at first, have seen similar posts about the Duplicate Contacts with other systems, with no answers there either. Have read various posts for over two years, so not really a new issue itself and none have posted a solution.

So as I keep asking...
HAS ANYONE FOUND A SOLUTION
to these duplicate contact issues ?

Frolin
Frolin

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 22, 2020 01:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

-
- Folks, I DO appreciate offers to help.
-

Kindly read the issue and steps I have tried, closer, before making a suggestion that may already have been done. This would be valid for anyone's post for help.

I am actually hoping someone has found the solution, the fix, the steps to correct the problem... and not so much "try this and see" options.

This 'Duplicate Contacts' issue has been around, seems to happen with Google Contacts, Windows Contacts, Outlook Contacts now, and others. This is not new to my newer phone, others have had this issue for at least two years per postings I read.

Just seems a glitch like this, which does not appear to impact every user, would have gotten some attention and a solution by now.

Ugh....

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Frolin am So März 22, 2020 19:15, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
bercel

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 22, 2020 13:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Frolin,

Do you sync both ways, PC->phone or phone ->PC?

I have two phone books on the phone, Android and Signal and it is possible to sync both or just one of the others.

It is possible to see all and the two others separated in MPE
Alla
Telefon
Signal

Do you think it is possible to generate duplicates on my system?
How?

Win10
Frolin

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 22, 2020 18:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Bercel,

Yes I sync both ways, as most often new contacts or updates are done on the PC in MS-Outlook. But at times, an update is down to a contact on the phone, sometimes new are added.

I do not have multiple databases on the phone, just the one default from the Android system. And just the two on the PC side, the MPE db and Outlook.

Frolin
Frolin

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 22, 2020 18:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

* Possible Fix * to the Duplicate Contacts issue

I noticed today in MPE, on the Contacts page, that it had 3 lines in the Contacts field... All, Phone, Duo

I clicked on Duo and found he 17 names that continued to get duplicated.
I clicked on Phone and saw the full contact list (around 100) including these 17 duplicated (shown twice).

So what is "Duo"? Some checking found this is a Google video chat tool, I guess, and it seems to have it's own list of Contacts (appears only people you select who have/use Duo).
Where did this come from? I mentioned this was a fairly new phone, and recall seeing Duo as I went thru the first week of searching features and options. Maybe turned on, played with and turned off, on the 'new phone' so maybe about the time this issue started.

So why did it have these 17 names, many were not regular contacts I talk to? I surely did not add them, some were long time contacts, some new.

Whatever, I don't use it, had to dig to find the app on the phone, and found no way to un-sync the 'Duo' list in MPE, nor clear the list in Due.

I found this post in a Google Support page with similar issue and what they did to fix...
https://support.google.com/duo/thread/1032938?hl=en

So, I uninstalled the Google 'Duo' app on my phone (not using anyway).
Then did a Contacts Sync... the Contact Sync box went from the 3 items, down to only 'Phone', then the same 17 names came up, flagged to be deleted (because they were duplicates), so I deleted.

Done - the duplicates are gone, Duo is gone, and if no more duplicates come up in the next month of tries, then this appears to be the fix.

Note: suggest print your list of Contacts in Duo, as the delete removed a couple that were valid in my Phone and in Outlook, I think because in my various 'clean up' attempts in recent months, I must have deleted the original Contact item in Outlook, not the duplicate. So I have 3-5 names to go re-add.

Frolin
Frolin

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2020 23:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It appears the issue was with the 'Duo' video chat call feature, having it's own set of Contacts.

By removing the Duo feature, that was not using, the duplication of contacts has gone away.

It seems MPE would see the Duo Contacts as 'new' contact every time and add them, instead of merging the contacts when they were already on the in Contacts on the phone and also in Outlook Contacts on the PC.

Odd, but a week plus and re-sync a couple times during to test, the problem is gone.

Frolin
Giangi

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 03, 2020 10:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Frolin hat Folgendes geschrieben:
It appears the issue was with the 'Duo' video chat call feature, having it's own set of Contacts.
By removing the Duo feature, that was not using, the duplication of contacts has gone away.

Another option could be selecting only the contact you want to be synced

BTW: me too I have simply removed Duo since long, long time ago! Very Happy
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.