FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 1.8.14 Crashes Extras > Create Backup > Check Applicat Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
tnek2002

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 03, 2020 02:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Phone LG K51
1. When I check Applications in the Create Backup Window, the PC version of My PhoneExploirer 1.8.14 just crashes/disappears and I have to restart it.
2. I had a Samsung S4 and used MyPhoneExplorer to sync and create backups to my PC> After 7 years I got a LG K51.
Why does MyPhoneExplorer create a new User?
I am the user. I have not changed. Regardless of the phone owned at the time, I am the user, the data is mine.
When I connected my K51 to MyPhoneExplorer, I wanted to sync up right where I left off with my S4 because the user is still me. Yet it appears impossible to have such continuity. When I backup my PC data, the backups are independent of the PC. Why can't the user by me, Kent, and the K51 continue to sync and backup the existing MyPhoneExplorer databases and backups on my PC? On my PC, I am the user, not the PC.

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 03, 2020 10:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The phone is identyfied by the MPE via its IMEI and that is different with every phone.
So there is no way that "you" are being identyfied as user.
This is how it works.

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 04, 2020 21:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

For continuity, is there a way to merge or edit the files in Roaming\MyPhoneExplorer\ from my old phone to me new phone?
I am primarily interested in Calls.dat, Messages.dat, and SMS.dat, SMSArchive.dat either with a text editor or a Hex Editor?
Contacts and Calendar don't matter because they are stored in Google.
Neither am I concerned with phone specific settings since I have a different phone.

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 10, 2020 14:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You are using recommended way to transfer your data from an old phone to a new one according to FJ:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fjsoft.at%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D21616

But for me too, v1.0.8.14 crashes when creating a backup of the old phone, even with latest Nightly build. I experienced this repetitively on a BV8000Pro with over 100MB of MMS. Same issue withe the famous 1.0.48 MPEclient.

The workaround was to downgrade MPE to v1.8.12 with the downside of losing MMS data.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.