FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Wifi connection impossible Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Aixois

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 25, 2020 17:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hodag hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I just got a new Pixel 4a yesterday and MPE refuses to connect for me as well. Is this possibly something with Android 10?

I cannot connect via BT, a static IP, search for IP on WiFi or the USB cable. The phone is paired on BT, the cable works for charging but not data transfer, and the phone acquires the static IP I have assigned it in my router. I would prefer to connect via the static IP assigned for various reasons, but when I try I get the following:

Connection to phone could not be established
Connection to 192.168.1.125 failed!
Socket error: 10061 - Connection is forcefully rejected

That last error message is something I have never seen before using MPE and I have been using MPE since 2005. All the settings were ported over from a backup of my previous phone running Oreo so it should all work.

As for USB-cable, did you enable USB-Debugging on your cell phone ?
(see https://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11454)

As for me, BT and USB cable work, Only Wi-fi doesn't
My phone is with Android 10 and wi-fi worked before Samsung reinitialized it after repair.

So, I don't know if it's an Android 10 issue. Could be if they reinitialized with an updated version (??)

Aixois

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Aug 29, 2020 00:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Aixois hat Folgendes geschrieben:

I did a Ping on my PC... Ping + the ip address of my mobile and it looks ok. Nothing was lost

Hello,

As dvhttn suggested, I did a Ping on my PC 2 weeks ago, but I didn't do it on my mobile (I didn't know how)

I found today how to do it with an application and no packets were received on my mobile.

Does it mean the problem is on my mobile? How to fix it ?

Thanks

dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Aug 29, 2020 09:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I did a Ping on my PC... Ping + the ip address of my mobile and it looks ok. Nothing was lost

Hello,

As dvhttn suggested, I did a Ping on my PC 2 weeks ago, but I didn't do it on my mobile (I didn't know how)
I found today how to do it with an application and no packets were received on my mobile.
Does it mean the problem is on my mobile? How to fix it ?
Thanks

Does your internet connection work at all with wifi? That is, if you are connected to wifi can you browse any web sites?

If not download something like ... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux&hl=en_GB ... and try to 'ping' your router address from the phone - it'll be something like 192.168.1.1.

If wifi does not work try browsing the web via 4G - if that works and wifi does not then I'd take your phone back to whoever 'fixed' it for you.

Aixois

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Aug 29, 2020 13:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dvhttn hat Folgendes geschrieben:

Does your internet connection work at all with wifi? That is, if you are connected to wifi can you browse any web sites?

If not download something like ... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux&hl=en_GB ... and try to 'ping' your router address from the phone - it'll be something like 192.168.1.1.

If wifi does not work try browsing the web via 4G - if that works and wifi does not then I'd take your phone back to whoever 'fixed' it for you.

Yes my internet connection works on Wifi.

Only wifi on my PC and, if I disable mobile data on my phone, only wifi on my phone.

With wifi, both on my phone and PC, I can browse any website, receive and send mails, etc...

May be there is some specific setting on my phone ?

Before my phone was reinitialized it worked and nothing changed on my PC. I even restored mobile settings with Samsung SmartSwitch. The repair had nothing to do with electronics (only glass back replacement)

One more thing : I noticed yesterday that the "calibre companion" application on my phone cannot connect to Calibre on my PC

On my phone, I pinged with "Ping and Net" app and as I wrote no transmitted packets were received

PS : By the way, I wonder why, I never get any notification for the posts I subscribed to.

Aixois

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 02, 2020 10:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I just installed new version 1.8.15 but no change.

It still doesn't work with Wifi Crying or Very sad

bemanet

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 02, 2020 11:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Have you read https://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11454 , especially the section 'Connect with Wifi' ??
Possibly also the XXXXX of a fixed IP address of less than 20... (e.g. 192.168.1.12) helps

OnePlus 5 / Android 14
Pixel 8 / Android 14
W11 64bit / Microsoft 365
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Aixois

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 02, 2020 14:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Of course I read it. And tried fixed IP address too

As I wrote before, wifi connection works with my Galaxy S7 but not with my Galaxy S10

MPE app settings are same on both phones.
And same for both users on MPE PC

May be an issue with S10 since it works with S7

mann1ca

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 10, 2020 22:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi there,

I have been having a similar issue and posted in the German section the following is the link to my post.

https://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32746

I can now get it to connect intermittently I'm not sure why it does or does not connect
Aixois

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 14, 2020 15:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

mann1ca hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Hi there,

I have been having a similar issue and posted in the German section the following is the link to my post.

https://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32746

I can now get it to connect intermittently I'm not sure why it does or does not connect

Thanks, I answer with delay since I never get any notification.

I do not speak german but I will try to translate that post.

I now think that the problem comes from compatibility with Android 10, since this is the only difference with my Galaxy S7 !

dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 14, 2020 22:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

.... I now think that the problem comes from compatibility with Android 10, since this is the only difference with my Galaxy S7 !

My old S7 (now in my son's hands) is running Android 10 and that is fine with MPE over wifi. As is my Note 9 on Android 10.

Aixois

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 15, 2020 14:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dvhttn hat Folgendes geschrieben:
.... I now think that the problem comes from compatibility with Android 10, since this is the only difference with my Galaxy S7 !

My old S7 (now in my son's hands) is running Android 10 and that is fine with MPE over wifi. As is my Note 9 on Android 10.

So I do not understand, why my S7 with Android 8 works with MPE over wifi and not my S10 with Android 10.

The wifi settings on my S10 are same as on my S7. My S10 is connected to wifi but cannot be detected by MPE on my PC !

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Aixois am Do Okt 22, 2020 22:02, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
DaaBoss

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 15, 2020 17:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I've got a similar problem I think. I rebooted, and think I was connected after reboot, but now I can't connect.

I'm using a Chromebook and not a phone for this problem -- (my phones work.) Version = 1.0.73

REAL IP for my Chromebook on my network is 194... etc
BUT, the MPE client says the IP is 100... etc., WHICH IT IS CLEARLY NOT the IP. Nor was any IP started or used with 100 at least in months.

Unfortunately, there is no clear way to get rid of the "MPE DETECTED IP" and FORCE MPE to take another FRESH look to get/RESET to the correct IP. I also tried to go to "My APPS" in settings. The MPE client app has all four permissions enabled. It has UNinstall, but NO "clear memory/buffer/settings". Advanced seems greyed out and so does not work. Elsewhere, I also went to Chome's apps SETTINGS, which would allow me to FORCE STOP, which I did to no avail, since the reported IP did NOT change. I'm currently connected to my PC using "Chrome Remote Desktop" on my local Wifi. My Chromebook, PC, and my phone all have a local LAN IP of 194... etc. and NOT the 100 MPE is reporting. Note that on my PHONE, MPE is reported the correct 194... etc. IP.

I've had this problem before, and IMO there needs to be some way to do several things: GET TO some settings page for the connections, from within the MPE client. For instance, the ONLY setting that shows for most connections, is to "Set Pin". That means I can't:
    RE-discover network IP connected (and ignore current incorrect IP)
    Use THIS manual IP: 194...
    Forget PW
    USE BT instead
    USE USB instead
    Erase ALL settings for this app

Uninstall/reinstall might or might not remove prior settings. Even if it was designed to do one or the other, some apps don't. Since it is not clear which, then reinstall seems to not be worthwhile and a waste of time, when the goal is to simply start fresh. MAYBE I will turn WiFi OFF, REBOOT and then start MPE and see if it reports ANY IP, (which it should not),

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 15, 2020 18:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for you answer

DaaBoss hat Folgendes geschrieben:

I'm using a Chromebook and not a phone for this problem -- (my phones work.) Version = 1.0.73

I do not understand what you mean using a chromebook and not a phone. You have to use both, don't you.

REAL IP for my Chromebook on my network is 194... etc
BUT, the MPE client says the IP is 100... etc., WHICH IT IS CLEARLY NOT the IP. Nor was any IP started or used with 100 at least in months.

I do not understand either. On my phone what is displayed is the phone IP 192.168.1.xx, not the IP of my desktop, which is similar 192.168.1.yy

What is not correct ? These are real IP both for my phone and desktop

Unfortunately, there is no clear way to get rid of the "MPE DETECTED IP" and FORCE MPE to take another FRESH look to get/RESET to the correct IP. I also tried to go to "My APPS" in settings. The MPE client app has all four permissions enabled. It has UNinstall, but NO "clear memory/buffer/settings". Advanced seems greyed out and so does not work. Elsewhere, I also went to Chome's apps SETTINGS, which would allow me to FORCE STOP, which I did to no avail, since the reported IP did NOT change. I'm currently connected to my PC using "Chrome Remote Desktop" on my local Wifi. My Chromebook, PC, and my phone all have a local LAN IP of 194... etc. and NOT the 100 MPE is reporting. Note that on my PHONE, MPE is reported the correct 194... etc. IP.

I've had this problem before, and IMO there needs to be some way to do several things: GET TO some settings page for the connections, from within the MPE client. For instance, the ONLY setting that shows for most connections, is to "Set Pin". That means I can't:
    RE-discover network IP connected (and ignore current incorrect IP)
    Use THIS manual IP: 194...
    Forget PW
    USE BT instead
    USE USB instead
    Erase ALL settings for this app

Uninstall/reinstall might or might not remove prior settings. Even if it was designed to do one or the other, some apps don't. Since it is not clear which, then reinstall seems to not be worthwhile and a waste of time, when the goal is to simply start fresh. MAYBE I will turn WiFi OFF, REBOOT and then start MPE and see if it reports ANY IP, (which it should not),

Not sure to understand either, I deleted cache, data then uninstalled the client. No change after reinstalling it.

mann1ca

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 16, 2020 19:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

I've been experimenting a little more and this is what I have found.

Windows 7 SP1 and any of the following combinations work fine:

Myphoneexplorer 1.815, 1.813, 1.812 all work with any client 1.048 and onwards.
Android version from 7 through to 10 no issues.

The WiFi connection problems seem to be an issue with Windows 10 build 2004. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks
Aixois

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 16, 2020 21:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Windows 10 build 2004 is not yet installed on my PC and wifi works normally on my PC

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.