FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Only synching from Outlook, not to. Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
erikn

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jul 20, 2021 10:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi!

I have a new computer. Installed Myphone Explorer, copied data folder from appdata on old computer to new computer. Paired phone and My phone explorer could connect to it. Started a sync and it seemed to work. But next sync a lot of objects appeared again. When checking I see that sync from Outlook to phone is working, but not opposite direction.

Checking log file I get this error message, not sure if it is related.

Fehler in cOutlook (olNoteTovNote): 287 Application-defined or object-defined error

Both computers are running Windows 10, same Outlook version etc. The only thing I know differs (except that one of them is new of course) is that on the old computer I was admin, on the new I use a different account to make installations of software and change settings that need admin level.

Both computers are domain joined.

My guess is that I need to change some parameter to have access to change Outlook objects.

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 05, 2021 09:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Noone that has any idea how to solve?
MPE went from Excellent to Useless if I cannot fix this. Probably not a MPE error, but I cannot figure out what is the problem or setting I need to change.

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 05, 2021 11:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If you are sync'ing between phone and Outlook then there is no need to copy over any MPE 'date' from the old computer. At least that's my understanding of how it works, having used MPE to sync between a PC and Android for about 10 years through a new PC (XP to W10), several phones and fairly frequent ROM installs. I have Outlook as my 'master' copy (i.e. that has everything stored on the PC - the phone is sync'ed but is really just a 'copy') and a new phone/new ROM gets connected to the PC, I 'download entire' (blue arrow on PC MPE) which downloads the empty data base from phone to MPE. I then do a normal sync between OL and phone. i.e. a 2-way sync. To ensure I haven't messed up I have 'Show confirmation window' set on the PC ... Smile

If your phone contacts/calendar are not empty then you can go into Settings/Apps/Calendar-Contacts storage and 'delete data'. Then do as above.

HTH

erikn

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Aug 06, 2021 08:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

One option is to only copy from Outlook to phone. But then I miss the opportunity to add calendar tasks when out in the fields, or add/change contacts on the phone that then are synched to Outlook. In these cases I then need to put all these things on paper and then when at my computer put them into Outlook to get them good. I like to have the two way synching, any updates I do on either end will be synched to the other.

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Aug 06, 2021 09:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

erikn hat Folgendes geschrieben:
One option is to only copy from Outlook to phone. But then I miss the opportunity to add calendar tasks when out in the fields, or add/change contacts on the phone that then are synched to Outlook. In these cases I then need to put all these things on paper and then when at my computer put them into Outlook to get them good. I like to have the two way synching, any updates I do on either end will be synched to the other.

If you read my post above properly you will see that nowhere do I mention only sync'ing in one direction only.

erikn

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Aug 06, 2021 13:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sorry, I misunderstood. My problem is that when I sync (and I don't think that has something to do that I copied the database from old computer) it works for the posts that update phone from Outlook, but posts that are newer on phone that should update Outlook fails.

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Aug 07, 2021 08:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Check your MPE settings on phone and pc.

On the PC go into settings> sync > ... then choose 'Advanced' beside 'Contacts' and 'Events and tasks' and ensure they are set correctly.

On the phone go into MPE > Settings > .... and check the 'calendars to sync' and 'contacts to sync'. Plus check the corresponding 'Add new evets/Add new conacts to '.... You need to ensure that when you save a new event/contact on the phone that it is being saved to one of the accounts you are sync'ing. Obvious, but easy to miss.

erikn

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 08, 2021 08:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have checked the settings. Everything looks good, and when doing the sync I get messages about what is going to be changed/added, and it is correct. Problem is that everything that is going to be synced from phone to Outlook is not happening. When checking in logs I see this messages:

08:50:44.23 Error in AddEvent (cOutlook) : 287 Application-defined or object-defined error
08:50:44.23 Error in EditEvent (cOutlook) : -2147467259 Method '~' of object '~' failed

So when initiating the sync it is correct, it sees the objects in Outlook and knows what to sync. So it seems that I have only read rights, not write.

I also tried to temporary make my user as administrator on computer, it did not help, so it is something else that is different between my old and new computer.

I will try to uninstall MPE and then when installing and setting up the sync rules to be admin on the computer during installation.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 08, 2021 10:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have tried to uninstall and install again, as admin on computer. Still the same problem. Everything looks good, it finds what to sync but it only work from Outlook to phone. This is part of the logfile.

11:15:24.92 GetProcessIntegrityLevel for MyPhoneExplorer: 2 (8192)
11:15:24.92 GetProcessIntegrityLevel for PID 10708: 2 (8192)
11:15:24.92 Failed to create RDO Session, try it via OOM...
11:15:24.92 OL Initapplication...
11:15:24.92 Loading Outlook.Application was successfully
11:15:24.93 Outlook terminated
11:15:24.93 Outlook terminated
11:15:24.93 InitApplication (cOutlook) successfully
11:15:24.93 SO.InitApplication OK
11:15:24.93 Get Categories...
11:15:24.97 OL ReadEventsFromFolder beginnt...
11:15:24.99 Lade alle Termine (4593)...
11:16:06.35 ReadEventsFromFolder (Outlook): 4734 Events
11:16:06.36 GetAllEvents (Outlook): 0 Todos
11:16:06.36 SO.GetAllEvents OK, Datenbestand wird verglichen. Handy: 48 Einträge, Outlook: 4734 Einträge
11:16:06.52 Bestehende Einträge verglichen, verarbeite gelöschte Einträge (Handy)
11:16:06.52 Suche neue Einträge (SyncApp)
11:16:06.63 SyncOperations fertig erstellt
11:16:06.69 All done, make window visible...
11:16:42.84 SyncOperations werden ausgeführt
11:16:42.85 Error in AddEvent (cOutlook) : 287 Application-defined or object-defined error
11:16:42.86 Error in AddEvent (cOutlook) : 287 Application-defined or object-defined error
11:16:42.86 Error in AddEvent (cOutlook) : 287 Application-defined or object-defined error
11:16:42.87 Error in AddEvent (cOutlook) : 287 Application-defined or object-defined error
11:16:42.87 Error in AddEvent (cOutlook) : 287 Application-defined or object-defined error
11:16:42.88 Error in AddEvent (cOutlook) : 287 Application-defined or object-defined error
11:16:42.89 Error in AddEvent (cOutlook) : 287 Application-defined or object-defined error
11:16:42.89 Error in AddEvent (cOutlook) : 287 Application-defined or object-defined error
11:16:42.90 Error in AddEvent (cOutlook) : 287 Application-defined or object-defined error
11:16:42.90 Error in AddEvent (cOutlook) : 287 Application-defined or object-defined error
11:16:42.91 Error in AddEvent (cOutlook) : 287 Application-defined or object-defined error
11:16:42.91 Settimeout: RT=45000 WT=10000
11:16:42.91 OBEX Put: telecom/cal/luid/000010000954.vcs DataLen=427

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 08, 2021 13:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

We should focus first on the fact that MyPhoneExplorer does use the Outlook Object Model which is outdated. (11:15:24.92 Failed to create RDO Session, try it via OOM...)
Please run MPE in debugmode (Win-Key+R->myphoneexplorer debug->OK) and then send me the complete logfile after sync via email.

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 08, 2021 20:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for the logfile. The main reason why MyPhoneExplorer is in compatibility mode is that you did uninstall a system component - the .NET Framework 3.5. Install this component and then try the sync again: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/dotnet-35-windows-10

erikn

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 09, 2021 08:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

And I can confirm that it is working. Very good!

And now there is a thread that points out that .Net 3.5 is needed to make it work Very Happy

Would have saved me some headache if that had been known from beginning. It is not me uninstall it, it is not included in the images that the support team uses at our work to install new computers.

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 09, 2021 21:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

On the PC go into settings> sync > ... then choose 'Advanced' beside 'Contacts' and 'Events and tasks' and ensure they are set correctly.

Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 09, 2021 22:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
Would have saved me some headache if that had been known from beginning.

The next major version will show an informative error message if the issue is related to missing .NET Framework

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.