FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Phone notes not synchronizing with Stikynotes on Windows 10 Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
PatriceJ

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 06, 2021 17:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,
I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
With W7, no problem to synchronize notes.
With W10 the notes look like they are synchronizing with Windows but when I launch Stickynotes on Windows, none of my phone notes are displayed.
Do you know why ?
What shall I do.
Thank you
Patrice
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
bugman

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 09, 2021 00:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

this is an issue with windows 10 - that they have gotten rid of the old sticky notes program.

you can go on a very long wild goose chase, check this post here
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-change-font/fbd468a2-7a59-4ce6-a8ac-bbcac470ce1c

I had this problem as far back as 2018. over the years had to reinstall sticky notes several times. Finally concluded it's just not worth it...

my advice - migrate to just seeing your notes on MPE. When you want to check your notes in windows, start the MPE application and view them there. Otherwise you'll get into a lot of windows hassles --- it's messy stuff -- trying to make it work.

Unless someone else here has a better suggestion to do it more simply than I know of.
PatriceJ

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 12, 2021 09:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello Bugman and thank you for your answer.

As you said, it is not easy and I tried the link you provide but it did not work with the last W10 version.

Typing note on the telephone is not as convenient than on the PC, this is why I will try to find a solution. At this time it is not crucial but just another annoying Windows feature Smile

Take care
PatriceJ

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 12, 2021 10:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I installed vNote
https://vnotex.github.io/vnote/en_us/
but I cannot find a way to synchronize as MPE ask for a xxx.vnt file that do not existe in vNote, I created it but after sync, it does not display right in vNote
bugman

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 18, 2021 06:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hmm - that link I posted, now requires a login before you can see it.
I'll copy and paste the text below:

Zitat:
This is how you bring back the old sticky notes!

1. Go to C:\ and find a folder called Windows.old It should have been created after the update.

2. Go to C:\Windows.old\WINDOWS\System32 find and copy these two files:

- StikyNot.exe

- SNTSearch.dll

3. Go to C:\Windows\System32 and paste the two files you just copied.

4. Go to C:\Windows.old\WINDOWS\System32\en-US find and copy these two files:

- sntsearch.dll.mui

- StikyNot.exe.mui

* The folder en-US will vary depending on your system language, for instance: es-ES for spanish.

5. Go to C:\Windows\System32\en-US and paste the two files you just copied.

6. Now let's add Sticky Notes back to the start menu where it used to be. Go to C:\Windows\System32 and find StikyNot.exe then right click on it, on the menu that pops up, click on Send To>Desktop (create shortcut)

7. Go to your desktop, the Sticky Notes shortcut should be there. Rename it to whatever you want.

8. Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories (You will need to enable show hidden files in order to find this path. Here a tutorial on how to do it: http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10.html)

9. Copy the shortcut from the desktop and paste it here.

10. Done! Now the sticky notes should be in the Start Menu under Windows Accessories, and you can also find it by using the Start Menu search box

Note: If for whatever reason you don't have the Windows.old folder, you can download the files from this tutorial at step 3: http://www.techflute.com/how-to-add-sticky-notes-to-windows-server-2012/

It would be better to use the files from your own system though. I didn't follow the same exact steps in that tutorial since it is for a different version of windows. I suggest follow my instructions instead.

I hope this helped you all.

--Not my post, just copying from the web.
again, I did this kind of thing for a few years - but I don't think it will work anymore. I then played around with "notes" alternatives, like vnote and a few other apps, trying to sync with MPE. After going through all of that, eventually decided to give up - not worth the hassle.

On my phone I can see my notes, on the MPE Notes widget on my home screen.

When I want to see my notes on my desktop computer in windows 10, I just start MPE and view the notes there. No need to have a separate stickynotes thing running on my PC.

I just found the other stickynotes replacements too much of a hassle.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.