FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Google Sync step-by-step tutorial (and a 404 Error) Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
cosovanu

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 06, 2007 20:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

First of all, thank you for such an awesome software. Since I could not find a similar tutorial in English re: synchronization with Google calendar, I wanted to make my modest contribution of a "Google sync for dummies" (like myself'Embarassed') before I ask my 404 question.

In MyPhoneExporer, go to File - Options (aka Settings) - Sync - Calendar - iCalFile - Advanced.
On that page, at the top, you have to enter the Private Address for the iCal file for your Google calendar.
You can find that URL by going to your Google calendar, click on Settings - Calendars - [yourgooglecalendarusername] - Private Address - iCal (the little green button to the right of Private Address).
The username and password should be those you have for Google calendar.

With this set up, I managed to get all my Google calendar entries into MPE and the phone itself.

However, even though the news section on the FJ site says bidirectional calendarsync with Google, for me it did not load the entries from the phone onto Google calendar'Shocked', so please tell me, what did I do wrong'Question'

This is the error I keep getting:
[quote]Error during upload! 404 not found.[/quote]

By the way, I also went to Google help to see what I can find:
http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=34576&hl=en
There, I found this statement:
[quote]Your calendar's "Private Address" in XML or iCal format lets you easily view a read-only version of your calendar from other applications.[/quote]
So, Google seems to say it's actually read-only and I cannot write to my Google calendar with MPE? Please let me know.

Many, many thanks!
C
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 07, 2007 09:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hehe - open your eyes !!

You are right. You get write-access in Google only if you use the xml-interface. MyPhoneExplorer uses the XML-Interface, all you have to do is to choose "Google" instead of "iCal-File" in the dropdown of the sync-settings. Please note that this feature was added in Version 1.6. Maybe you have to update MyPhoneExplorer.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
cosovanu

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Okt 10, 2007 19:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Many thanks - indeed, I had a pre-1.6 version installed. I installed 1.6.3 and it works like a charm. THANK YOU!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.