FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Existing phone connection stopped working for no reason Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenDieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.
Autor Nachricht
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 31, 2023 11:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Phone model is already stated in the OP. I do not have additional security apps installed, but there is a built-in Security app, which is part of the OriginOS. It cannot be turned off or uninstalled.

On the phone MPE client during the connection attempt, briefly says "Connected" on top, then it disconnects very quickly and then that "phone cannot be identified" error appears on PC screen from MPE desktop app, screenshots for which I provided in earlier posts.

I dont beleive your assumption that "MPE cannot get access to phone" is correct. My personal impression is that MPE queries the phone for it's model/version, and/or whatever other info it needs, but then fails to parse the response, because the response is either in unknown format, or no response from phone at all, or it's in Chinese language.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 31, 2023 11:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

nocturnal hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I dont beleive your assumption that "MPE cannot get access to phone" is correct. My personal impression is that MPE queries the phone for it's model/version, and/or whatever other info it needs, but then fails to parse the response, because the response is either in unknown format, or no response from phone at all, or it's in Chinese language.

Assuming you're right, then FJ would have to completely rewrite the MPE registration for you, because somehow the connected Android devices have to be identified?!
I'll ask FJ again about this, I can't promise you anything Confused

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 31, 2023 13:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Vivo is top 4 Chinese phone brand. There are hundreds of millions of Vivo phones out there, most of them are Android based. While I'd appreciate a solution that helps me personally - this fix would hardly be just for me...

It's not unreasonable to assume other Chinese brands, which use similar Android skins as Vivo's OriginOS, could be affected as well. Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo, etc. do have similar security features. The fact that no one has reported issues with other Chinese phone brands on this forum does not mean MPE is working without issues on those phones.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 02, 2023 10:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Normally this message gets thrown when MyPhoneExplorer is not able to read the registration ID of the phone because a permission issue. Its the first command when the connection is etablished to the phone. In your case - i did already check your logs in the past - there is NO answer at all, also not an error answer.

I dont think that this issue will affect all Vivo phones, especially because i never had a support request from a user with exactly this problem.

As i said also in the past:
- i need access to the logcat of the phone, otherwise i am not able to help you
Zitat:
Please install the current beta of the client on the phone - this is in debugging mode all the time: https://www.fjsoft.at/mpeclient.apk

- were you able to try the behaviour in another LAN on another PC?

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 03, 2023 04:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Normally this message gets thrown when MyPhoneExplorer is not able to read the registration ID of the phone because a permission issue. Its the first command when the connection is etablished to the phone. In your case - i did already check your logs in the past - there is NO answer at all, also not an error answer.

I dont think that this issue will affect all Vivo phones, especially because i never had a support request from a user with exactly this problem.

As i said also in the past:
- i need access to the logcat of the phone, otherwise i am not able to help you
Zitat:
Please install the current beta of the client on the phone - this is in debugging mode all the time: https://www.fjsoft.at/mpeclient.apk

- were you able to try the behaviour in another LAN on another PC?

I have installed the debug always on client per your request long ago.

What does LAN have to do with anything? MPE does not use Ethernet connections, and phones dont have RJ45 ports. Did you mean another WAN? If so - No. First because I only have 1 home and 1 home network, and second because no PCs on another WAN would have Outlook with my contacts pre-installed, so there would be nothing to synchronize the phone to. For that same reason I have not tried another PC - the Desktop version of Outlook I use with all my contacts is installed on 1 PC only, and my phone contacts are synchronized only to that contacts database.

As for the logcat - I dont recall you asking for it. I suppose I could email it to you - just let me know what kind of test you want me to run first, so it would be reflected in the logcat.

Previously you only wanted to remote into my PC, which I explained to you was not a possiblity I would ever consider. I said then I'm available to work with you on this any other way, except giving you access to my computer. That still holds true.

If you're suggesting this issue affects my Vivo phone only - that's highly unlikely, because my phone is not even rooted and has locked bootloader, meaning no system settings customized in any significant way, and it's running stock Vivo firmware - same version installed on millions other Vivo X Folds sold. There is no valid reason to think this issue is specific to my phone only. As I mentioned earlier - just because no one took the time to report it here, like I have, does not mean other Vivo phones aren't affected.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Aug 07, 2023 09:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

LAN = Local Area Network . This contains Ethernet connections and also WiFi connections. MyPhoneExplorer uses this connection
WAN = Wide Area Network. This is the connection between your router and your internet provider, this has nothing to do with MyPhoneExplorer

I have the emails from our older conversion and i asked you for the Logcat, but i can explain it again:
- run MyPhoneExplorer in debugmode: Win-Key+R -> myphoneexplorer debug -> OK
- try to connect via USB-Cable (USB-Debugging has to be enabled on the phone)
- open the datafolder of MyPhoneExplorer: Win-Key+R -> %appdata%\MyPhoneExplorer -> OK
- send me the files Debug.txt and also the file AndroidDebug.txt

But probably it saves alot of time if you try the establish the WiFi connection first on another LAN (maybe your neighbor or buddy) and to try it on another PC. This makes it easier to locate the problem - technically it can be the PC, the Router and also the phone.

nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Aug 07, 2023 10:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Installed MPE on another Windows PC on the home network and tried to add user - same result, same message.

I do not have the kind of buddy or neighbor, where I could go to their home, ask to install your software on their personal computers and ask them to let me run tests on their personal PCs.

As for the instructions in the previous message to collect Debug.txt and AndroidDebug.txt - we have done this exercise already. I distinctly remember emailing you the logs. You looked at them and called them really strange.

If you want me to collect the exact same logs again please let me know, but as Einstein said - doing the exact same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. I haven't changed any configuration on either the PC or the phone, so you'll almost certainly see the same information you already saw in previous logs.

There has to be something more you can do/try, other than ask me for the same logs again and test on different PCs, which I have already done... Like creating another debug apk, which generates more debug output for phone connection/registration process.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Aug 07, 2023 14:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You could allow me to make a TeamViewer session but since you don't want this too i don't have better ways to evaluate the issue.

nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Aug 07, 2023 23:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
You could allow me to make a TeamViewer session but since you don't want this too i don't have better ways to evaluate the issue.

Respectfully, as a software engineer myself, I strongly disagree with your assessment that you "don't have better ways to evaluate the issue". Giving a user an ultimatum to connect and access his personal PC, and primary computer at that, which contains tons of sensitive personal, and confidential business information would violate my privacy and personal security, and every software development company or individual in the world (besides you, apparently) has alternative ways to troubleshoot customer issue, other than ultimatums to access their personal PCs and home networks.

I'll take it as your final refusal to fix a defect with your software - for all intents and purposes that's what your ultimatum really is.
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 08, 2023 14:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ has been trying to find a solution to your problem for almost five months now.
And after carefully reading everything in this thread, I have to say that I find it really insulting that you are talking about an ultimatum, especially since it is not even certain yet that it is really a bug in the MPE software.
You should perhaps be clear about what you are asking for here and from whom. FJ is not a tech company, he is a private person who has written good software and is making it available for free. So please spare us your digital d**k comparison and your babble about data security. If your data is oh so sensitive, then maybe you should buy software that meets your high standards. But to demand that the MPE be rewritten especially for you is simply ridiculous.
I'm assuming that English is not your first language, so my well-intentioned advice is to think about how your demands will be received here, especially in the context of MPE and its many satisfied users.
Over the years a number of people have tried to put a gun to FJ's head and none have ever succeeded.
So you can jump over your shadow and work with FJ to find a solution or try to be an a*hole.

So, this little rant had to be done.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Koelner am Di Aug 15, 2023 11:51, insgesamt 3-mal bearbeitet
bemanet

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Aug 08, 2023 15:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@nocturnal: ... and speaking of the ultimatum... You gave an ultimatum in your first post: "If anyone has any suggestions, before I'm forced to abandon MyPhoneExplorer and find another contact synching software, please let me know." ...

OnePlus 5 / Android 14
Pixel 8 / Android 14
W11 64bit / Microsoft 365
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 09, 2023 04:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It's unfortunate this forum doesn't have moderation, and post reporting features for violation of the forum rules. On most other forums the offensive, insulting, and completely uncalled for post like the one, just made by user Koelner would have been just reported, cleaned up, and the violator warned or blocked... Over the years I've learned not to engage with these social skills lacking, keyboard warrior type trolls, living in their mom's basement, so I'm not gonna dignify that filthy outburst with a respose, but I do hope at some point some mods here will notice it, and clean this up.

As for you bemanet - suggesting what I said in the OP is an "ultimatum" is beyond ridiculous. If you have so much free time on your hands, that you're bored to a point,where you go around internet forums and try to pick up empty, meaningless fights over nothing - I advise you to use that time more efficiently, and go and educate yourself by reading a dictionary definition of the word "ultimatum" instead of harassing random internet forum users.

Ultimatum implies doing something negative to the other party, or not doing something the other party wants. The essense of ultimatum is to have a negative effect on the other party, you're giving the ultimatum to, unless they comply... Me, asking for help and explaining if I cannot use MPE then I'll be forced to find another sync software as a result, has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on FJ himself or success of his software.

You owe me 5 minutes of my life back, which I spent on explaining the obvious, due to your failure to grasp one of the life's basic concepts.
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 09, 2023 08:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm sorry you don't feel valued.
But maybe it really is time for you to go.
I'm sure you will find a software that suits you and where you will find technical support by small minions that you can sell for stupid instead of a forum that lives by the contributions of other users.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 09, 2023 13:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Since there is no longer any relevant helpful information in this thread, I have locked it.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnenDieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.