FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Problem Installation in Vista Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
milt2007
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 21, 2007 16:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello.
I just try to install the program under Vista Enterprise, but when the installation is almost at the end, a error appears with the message:"MyPhoneExplorer_Setup_1.6.4.exe has stopped working...".
What can I do to fix the problem?
Thanks.
franklee628

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 21, 2007 16:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

milt2007 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Hello.
I just try to install the program under Vista Enterprise, but when the installation is almost at the end, a error appears with the message:"MyPhoneExplorer_Setup_1.6.4.exe has stopped working...".
What can I do to fix the problem?
Thanks.
By any chance have you disabled the UAC function? Or if you think it's not safe to do so, try to run the install with administrator rights. I am runing on Ultimate and it works fine.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 21, 2007 18:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

franklee628 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
By any chance have you disabled the UAC function? Or if you think it's not safe to do so, try to run the install with administrator rights. I am runing on Ultimate and it works fine.

I try your suggestion. Unfortunately it not work for me.
Any other help?

Thanks.
milt2007

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 21, 2007 18:14 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

[quote="Anonymous"]

During the installation process, at installation of file "ShellMGR.dll" the setup process chrashes and the error message appears.
franklee628

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 21, 2007 18:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

[quote="milt2007"]
Anonymous hat Folgendes geschrieben:

During the installation process, at installation of file "ShellMGR.dll" the setup process chrashes and the error message appears.
Have you tried disabling the UAC feature? Or you just tired to run it as administrator?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 21, 2007 19:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Also add an exception for the setupfile in the Windows DEP-List
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
milt2007

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 21, 2007 19:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Also add an exception for the setupfile in the Windows DEP-List

Ya... I already do this too...but nothing.
milt2007

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 21, 2007 20:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I tried all this things one by one and all together. But, unfortunatly, without success. Sad . Very pity. I like very much this program and I use it (in XP Pro until now) every day. FJ, do you think is there something you can to do to correct the problem.
Anyway, thank you very much.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 21, 2007 23:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just as info for me: Does the installer create the MyPhoneExplorer-Directory in C:\Programs\MyPhoneExplorer and does this folder contain files ?
milt2007

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 22, 2007 00:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just as info for me: Does the installer create the MyPhoneExplorer-Directory in C:\Programs\MyPhoneExplorer and does this folder contain files ?

No. I try to install the program in another disk (F:\Program Files\MyPhoneExplorer) and the folder does not contain precedent files.
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 22, 2007 04:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

fails for me when installing to c:\Program Files\MyPhoneExplorer on Vista as well. (also at shellmgr.dll... you might wanna try invoking "regsvr32 /s shellmgr.dll" instead of using NSIS's RegDLL function... if it crashes it won't bring down the whole installer with it)
In the meantime I've used Universal Extractor (http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=62418&st=0) to extract the necessary files to the proper folders and then regsvr32'ed them.
keep up the good work FJ Smile
franklee628

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 22, 2007 04:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

milt2007 hat Folgendes geschrieben:

No. I try to install the program in another disk (F:\Program Files\MyPhoneExplorer) and the folder does not contain precedent files.
milt2007, I've done a research on google, there is a possiblity that ShellMGR.dll was considered as an torjan by some antivirus software, try disable it temporarily and give a try.
milt2007

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 22, 2007 12:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ok Guys. Finally, I solve the problem changed the DEP (Data Execution Prevention) option.
I report my fix for others that may have the same problem: simply, go on Control Panel ->System-> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced Tab -> Performance -> Settings ->Data Execution Prevention tab and choose the option "Turn on DEP for essential program and services only" and restart your machine.

Maybe it is not the best for security in vista, but in this way, the installation complete its work and the program run fine.

Thank you all for the help.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 22, 2007 13:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

To disable this is not a real security-risk. I bought a new PC last month with preinstalled vista and there this option was disable by default
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.