FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Google public calendars sync 1 day off. Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
plarval

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 02, 2008 22:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sorry, it's me again.

My user made google calendar syncs with everything fine.

I added the US Holidays calendar to my google calendar. It syncs fine with Thunderbird, all the dates are correct. When I sync to the phone, everything is off by one day. Example April Fool's day is April 1, but it wants to put it on March 31st in MPE and my phone.

All of my time zones are correct on everything. Computer, phone, lightning, etc.

I have found some similar threads, but none of them have seemed to contain the answer I need.

Thanks.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
plarval

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 02, 2008 23:52 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I just imported and .ics file into Thunderbird that had the Holidays in it. Again, everything shows up fine in Thunderbird, but the holidays want to sync one day earlier to my phone. ie: Christmas on the 24th.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Feb 03, 2008 11:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You can also set the timezone for each calendar in google seperat. Maybe this is the problem ?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
plarval

BeitragVerfasst am: So Feb 03, 2008 15:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The "general" calendar settings in google are set correctly. The public calendars do not have a timezone option.

I'm not sure if that's the problem though, because the .ics file I imported into Thunderbird does not go through my Google calendar. I just imported it as a new Thunderbird calendar from a file on my desktop. Either way, both methods look fine in thunderbird, but continue to sync one day off in MPE and my phone. No error messages are given.

Could it maybe be a daylight savings issue. I'm sure these are all day events, so if it was an hour early it would move back a day. I haven't touched the daylight savings time on my phone though. I would think it's correct.
NP
Co-Developer

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 04, 2008 11:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have seen this problem with ics-files that do not contain correct timezone strings. Thunderbird up to 0.7 will import them as "floating", which will make whole day events appear correct. However, on export to MPE I have to convert them to the local timezone and things will break.

Please post an event from the ics file so we can see wether this is the case here.

plarval

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 04, 2008 14:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Here is the link to the .ics file

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/caldata/USHolidays.ics
NP
Co-Developer

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 04, 2008 16:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Interesting, I never tried to sync holiday calendars with my phone.

As I suspected, these events do not contain timezone info - meaning they are in the "floating" timezone.

I will have to check what my current plugin code does to them on export and maybe rework the code.

NP
Co-Developer

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 05, 2008 16:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

1) Please install the latest Mozilla-Addin (not yet in the MPE installer) from:

http://www.pueschel.net/mpe/mpe-addin.xpi

2) If the problem persists: Please tell me exactly what you have imported where and where the times are off. You said something about a Google calendar - maybe the problem lies there.

plarval

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 05, 2008 17:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It seems like the problem persists. It still doesn't sync using the .ics file I have linked above. That's the one I imported directly into Thunderbird, google is not involved at all.

The google public calendar also remains syncing a day earlier. I'm not sure how to link to that file, because it only gives me an opion to "add to calendar".

It's the US Holidays calendar found here.

http://www.google.com/calendar/gallery?cat=HOLIDAY

I'm sure itmust have something to do with that timezone issue, because all of those (Netflix, video game release dates etc.) that I have tried do the same thing. It's not just with Holidays.
NP
Co-Developer

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 05, 2008 17:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK, then let's forget Google for now. If we can fix the problem with the imported ICS-file, the other problem might go away as well.

The trouble is, I have imported the ICS-File in a test calendar and could sync it with MPE correctly without any problems.

Please check the timezone setting in Lightning again. The ICS-File contains no timezone information; on import, Thunderbird converts these events to UTC. My event export code checks for whole day events and should do some magic to convert them correctly to your local timezone, but this will work only if it is set correctly in Lightning (and your Windows and MPE have the same timezone).

plarval

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 05, 2008 18:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Nope, still added them a day early.
I double checked everything. My timezones are set up correctly.

Here's what I tried next. I deleted all the "holiday" calendars. I then had MPE calculate the holidays itself. They showed up in the MPE calendar, but then they would not sync into Thunderbird or my phone. No error message was given either. Is it supposed to?
plarval

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 05, 2008 20:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ok, so it's getting stranger.

I have all my holiday calendars deleted. I unchecked MPE to make my holidays. There are NO holidays on either Thunderbird OR MPE.

I checked the box to "sync all events" (it was checked to sync the last 30 days and next 90)

When I went to sync, it wants to add double entries of all the holidays (dates are still wrong) to my phone. I don't know where it would be getting that info from.

As I closed everything, this error code popped up in Thunderbird

Error: Components is not defined
Source File: chrome://calendar/content/calendar-minimonth-busy.js
Line: 66
plarval

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 05, 2008 20:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I deleted all my calendars from Thunderbird, except for the default PC. There aren't any events on my calendar. When I sync, says it can't load thunderbird entries and I get the following errors.

Error: [Exception... "'Calender http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/plarval%40gmail.com/pri##edited****eed/basic not found!' when calling method: [mpeIMyPhoneExplorer::WriteItems]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/**edited**/Thunderbird/Profiles/kzwmjtnb.default/extensions/myphoneexplorer@fjsoft.at/components/mpecli.js :: handler_handle :: line 95" data: no]
Source File: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/**edited**/Thunderbird/Profiles/kzwmjtnb.default/extensions/myphoneexplorer@fjsoft.at/components/mpecli.js
Line: 95

Error: Exception caught during -mpe export-items: [Exception... "'Calender http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/**edited**064be26fc4a5b8ef19d86b17aeeed/basic not found!' when calling method: [mpeIMyPhoneExplorer::WriteItems]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Dave/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/kzwmjtnb.default/extensions/myphoneexplorer@fjsoft.at/components/mpecli.js :: handler_handle :: line 95" data: no]
Source File: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Dave/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/kzwmjtnb.default/extensions/myphoneexplorer@fjsoft.at/components/mpecli.js
Line: 122

It looks like it's still looking for a google calendar that I removed or something.

If I change it from "sync all events" the ghost holidays do not want to sync any longer.
plarval

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 06, 2008 06:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

UGH, I think I killed it.

Now nothing will sync. I have a thunderbird calendar full of events and the sync process completes with no errors, but nothing is placed on my MPE calendar or in my phone.
NP
Co-Developer

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 06, 2008 12:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Whoa, slow down....

Did you re-select your calendars for syncing in the MPE settings after you changed them? What is the output of

thunderbird -mpe list-cals=c:\cals.txt

now? BTW, the internal holidays in MPE are not meant to sync, they are just for your planning when you use MPE as you calendaring application, so they won't help you.

Do you have the sync confirmation window enabled in MPE, so that you can see that MPE wants to sync?

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.