FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 My experience with MPE and wish post Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
gmdumlao

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 06, 2008 05:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi FJ,

Before I stumbled on to MPE, I've had my K750 for a little over two years and was hoplessly wishing I had something like Nokia's PC Suite ( I have an N70 as well) and the features it had than SE's own PC Suite did NOT have.

With my K750 aging and having even been declared by SE's service Centre in Manila s "unserviceable" I became unhappy with it and had decided that I needed a new phone and SE was out of my list.

Then I found that having my K750 service through unofficial service shops was in fact worthwhile and they got my unit fixed.

Soon after, wanting to back-up my phone's contents, and getting so frustrated with SE's PC Suite, I found MPE and was astounded by its features so much so that now situation's been reversed and I want in fact MPE to work on my Nokia as it is so much more straightforward to use and does a few tricks that Nokia's can't.

Congratulations on having made such a sensible application.

One thing that i would wish for MPE to be able to do is to SET the STARTING FILENAME (NUMBER SERIES) that it sets on the pictures and movie files that it saves. You see, when I had my phone repaired, they had to RESET the phone to factory and therefore the filename series it uses to save the pictures restarted at DSC00001.JPG. Since I've created such a larg collection of Picture files (of course offloaded to my PC) I would like that the series continue to be named sequentially-- thus a facility to set the starting number/name of the series.

That would really be neat to have.

Many thanks.

Tchuss,

Glenn
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 06, 2008 12:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Its not possible to access the current filenamecounter from external software - sorry
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
gmdumlao

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 06, 2008 12:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi Franz,

Hello,

Oh well... thanks...

though I've found in the past that you can "trick" the phone into setting the filenamecounter.....

- erase all files
- put a file with the name/counter you want it to start after from

when you take a photo,, it wil dutifully set the filenamcounter to the next one.

I forgot though if you have to do a factory reset first or if it will work without a reset-- it was a long long time ago when I did that. I'm just not up to downloading the ENTIRE contents of my phone just now... takes too long on a bluetooth connection . I'll do it when I find my USB cable ...

Thanks again.

G.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 06, 2008 18:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ok, this would be a trick but do you really think a function which deletes all files in the albumfolder should be placed in a software like MyPhoneExplorer ? Its a easy-to-use app. The users trust in MyPhoneExplorer, it could make bad surprises...
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
gmdumlao

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 07, 2008 21:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi Franz,

Nah, I never had in mind and did not want nor suggest a function to delete files with MPE...

You could easily do that with the built-in format memory stick function and file manager on the phone. Also one could do that through the Operating System Memory Stick USB Disk Drivers interface as well ... At least that's how I would do it. With your MPE, I now have a Backup Facility which makes content offloading painless, Thanks for that.

I don't think it would be worthwhile to code a module/function that would not be used very often-- and as you said, could cause "surprises" Hmmm... but then since you brought up the idea .... I wouldn't mind if it is there.

Too bad there wasn't some accessible register or API function call on the phone so we wouldn't need to do this.

Tchuss,

Glenn
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.