FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MyPhoneExplorer and Thunderbird under Linux Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Kicker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 30, 2014 13:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

So now after I spent some more time playing with this, I think it is still almost unusable for me Sad. You are right that the TBWine install is just for few symlinks, however the executable still gets started by MPE. And the fact that both linux TB and TBWine should not be running at the same time is a major complication for me alone. And there are more, like latest TB crashing due to some functions being not implemented in wine etc.
I think that in the time it took me to play with this, I would be able to implement some kind of cross-plaform interprocess communication (e.g. TCP socket) between the plugin and wine MPE without much problems Sad. Pitty MPE is not open-source...
Well, I suppose I will have to keep booting to windows for MPE, or find some other solution Sad.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 30, 2014 16:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Kicker hat Folgendes geschrieben:
So now after I spent some more time playing with this, I think it is still almost unusable for me Sad. You are right that the TBWine install is just for few symlinks, however the executable still gets started by MPE. And the fact that both linux TB and TBWine should not be running at the same time is a major complication for me alone. And there are more, like latest TB crashing due to some functions being not implemented in wine etc.
I think that in the time it took me to play with this, I would be able to implement some kind of cross-plaform interprocess communication (e.g. TCP socket) between the plugin and wine MPE without much problems Sad. Pitty MPE is not open-source...
Well, I suppose I will have to keep booting to windows for MPE, or find some other solution Sad.

I have not noticed TBWine being run, and never had any problems with that. Nor have I had TB (or TBWine) crashing. I'm on ubuntu 14.04 84 bit with wine 1.7.16, running mpe 1.8.6 (as of today).

I did have mpe crashes for a while but it seems to have settled now. However, I do understand your frustration. It took me quite a lot of effort to get it all stable.
Kicker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Okt 01, 2014 13:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Well, it's not the difficulty of the setup, what is frustrating me. I got worse things running Wink. It's the fact that even after all the work spent on it, there is almost no chance to get it run as good and simple as I would like it to (and as it is running on windows). And the fact that with few changes, everything could be much simpler.
Well, I will see if I can get some alternative solution working, if not, maybe I'll be back Wink. Anyway, thanks for your support.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 14, 2014 21:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Regarding MyPhoneExplorer with Linux-Version of Thunderbird:

As i wrote, i don't have Linux so i am very limited in testing. I'll tell you how the communication works basicly:
- MPE writes some settings for sync in the registry
- MPE launches thunderbird.exe with commandline parameters
- the MPE Addon does catch the commandline, reads the Registry for the settings (f.e. where to create the file with exported data and which calendars to read)
- the MPE Addon launches MyPhoneExplorer.exe with a commandline and the second instance notifies the first instance that the action has be finished

If this can be done between Linux Thunderbird and MyPhoneExplorer in Wine-Sandbox then we have a chance to adapt MyPhoneExplorer.

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Inkadue

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Dez 25, 2015 19:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi Tommy,

I followed your advice with
Ubuntu 15.10
Wine 1.6
My Phone Explorer 1.8.7

Nearly everthing worked fine (Thanks) except see the bolded quote.

[
Code:
*]Navigate into the folder that contains you phone-name
[*]Edit settings.dat
[list][*]Near the bottom, you will find "[ThunderbirdFolders]"
[b][*]Below it you will see strings like "moz-profile-calendar://" or "moz-profile-calendar://?id=x"[/b]
[*]These are the names of the calendars selected to be synced. You can find the names by right-xxx the calendars in TB, and choose "Properties" (see "Location")
[*]Type in the calendars you want to sync (one on each line)

In my case My Phone Explorer doesn't create the expected "moz-entries" but a long code for each calender created within TBWine. (see quote of the settings.dat below). If I try to add the calendars of TB with the "moz-entries" nothing happens.

Also I am astonished that I change the calendar entries in TBWine without any effect on TB. Shouldn't they both write in the same "abook", "storage" and "local.sqlite"?

Any idea is appreciated.

Quote from settings.dat:
Code:
[ThunderbirdFolders]
moz-profile-calendar://Alltag
moz-profile-calendar://?id=Arbeit
[b]59ba7675-5206-4d22-bef9-efcbbdd7da9b
ebfc6f57-d7e3-4c69-882d-f4f517aec71e[/b]

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 28, 2015 19:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

HI,

I observed the same issue: In TBWine, the calendar can be updated and will synch via MPE, however, there is no change in TB. To work around this I did the following.

*** Be very careful not to loose any Mail-Date ***

- Find the profile of TB (usually ~/.thunderbird
- copy the entire folder (while keeping the name of it) to TBWine Profile. /c_drive/users/<name>/Application Date/Thunderbird/Profiles
- set the backups and links as in the original thread, i.e. (when in the new TBWine profiles folder:
-- ln -s ~/.thunderbird/profiles/<TB-prof-name>/storage.sdb storage.sdb
-- ln -s ~/.thunderbird/profiles/<TB-prof-name>/abook.mab abook.mab
-- ln -s ~/.thunderbird/profiles/<TB-prof-name>/calendar-data calendar-data (yes, I linked the complete folder)
- copy from the old TBWine profiles/<old-prof-name> folder the extensions folder to the new one.
- edit the profiles.ini-file of TBWine in /c_drive/users/<name>/Application Date/Thunderbird and change the <old-prof-name> to <TB-prof-name>.

That worked for me. Please edit the account settings in TBWine to not update anything, and don't download mail, so you do not screw up your mail accounts.

To me it seems that the sqlite mainains different databases or at least tables for different profiles.

Best regards

Gerald
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
matthias

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 25, 2017 00:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi FJ,

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Regarding MyPhoneExplorer with Linux-Version of Thunderbird:

As i wrote, i don't have Linux so i am very limited in testing. I'll tell you how the communication works basicly:
- MPE writes some settings for sync in the registry
- MPE launches thunderbird.exe with commandline parameters
- the MPE Addon does catch the commandline, reads the Registry for the settings (f.e. where to create the file with exported data and which calendars to read)
- the MPE Addon launches MyPhoneExplorer.exe with a commandline and the second instance notifies the first instance that the action has be finished

If this can be done between Linux Thunderbird and MyPhoneExplorer in Wine-Sandbox then we have a chance to adapt MyPhoneExplorer.

I'm interested in getting MPE installed in wine to work with a linux thunderbird as well and therefore I collected some information about that.
According to these informations it is possible to run thunderbird from a windows application:
Code:
cmd /c start /unix /usr/bin/sh -c "thunderbird"

I successfully tested it on my pc with the wineconsole by using following commands on the linux terminal and the wineconsole:
Code:

Linux: wineconsole cmd
Wineconsole: start /unix /usr/bin/sh -c "thunderbird"

However, manipulating the wine registry from a linux application is not that easy. Do you need to modify the registry setting from within thunderbird?
Reading them would be possible by exporting them. But I'm not sure if it is possible the other way round by importing a .reg file to modify a setting. (see https://wiki.winehq.org/Regedit and https://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#How_do_I_associate_a_native_program_with_a_file_type_in_Wine.3F)

As wine does not sandbox the programs this should not be an issue.

Would it be possible to look into this feature? I would be glad to assist you in testing and gathering further information.

Greetings Matthias
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 25, 2017 12:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The instructions in the first post on this thread worked for me. Install Wine on linux, and then follow the instructions.

These days I've changed to connect my mobile to my home internet with a fixed IP address, and give MyPhoneExplorer to that address, rather than using USB or Bluetooth.
matthias

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 04, 2017 21:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@Pastim: That may be the case. However I don't want to install a program twice. Moreover you should not have Thunderbird in linux opened, when syncing and thats the main Problem. Thunderbird ist running nearly all the time on my PC and therefore I would like to have a clean solution..

Greetings Matthias
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 05, 2017 10:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

matthias hat Folgendes geschrieben:
@Pastim: That may be the case. However I don't want to install a program twice. Moreover you should not have Thunderbird in linux opened, when syncing and thats the main Problem. Thunderbird ist running nearly all the time on my PC and therefore I would like to have a clean solution..

Greetings Matthias

The Windows thunderbird never actually runs apart from the very 1st time it is installed. There is no need to set up an account with it. All it does is take up some space, with some links to the real linux thunderbird files. I do not know of any other way to get this to work. It's been fine for several years now, whether or not the linux thunderbird is running or not.
matthias

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 05, 2017 10:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

So, you are able to synchronize the contacts without any Problems, even though thunderbird on linux is running?

Pastim hat Folgendes geschrieben:

The Windows thunderbird never actually runs apart from the very 1st time it is installed. There is no need to set up an account with it. All it does is take up some space, with some links to the real linux thunderbird files. I do not know of any other way to get this to work. It's been fine for several years now, whether or not the linux thunderbird is running or not.

In fact TB-Win runs every time you sync your contacts and for TB-Linux it is like a foreign application that modifies the contacts. Therefore (as stated in the first post) there might be some problems that arise because of that..

Furthermore, I stumbled over this thread and read FJ's post about the actions MPE takes to interact with TB. According to the manuals, most of the steps are already possible to communicate between MPE in Wine and TB in Linux. So it would be possible to get a clean solution running (which i would highly favor). Maybe it would need some adaptions in MPE and the Addon, but FJ already stated (in Okt. 2014) that he might consider such adaptions.

Greetings Matthias
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 05, 2017 12:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

matthias hat Folgendes geschrieben:
So, you are able to synchronize the contacts without any Problems, even though thunderbird on linux is running?

Pastim hat Folgendes geschrieben:

In fact TB-Win runs every time you sync your contacts and for TB-Linux it is like a foreign application that modifies the contacts. Therefore (as stated in the first post) there might be some problems that arise because of that..

Furthermore, I stumbled over this thread and read FJ's post about the actions MPE takes to interact with TB. According to the manuals, most of the steps are already possible to communicate between MPE in Wine and TB in Linux. So it would be possible to get a clean solution running (which i would highly favor). Maybe it would need some adaptions in MPE and the Addon, but FJ already stated (in Okt. 2014) that he might consider such adaptions.

Greetings Matthias

Well, well. I never knew the TB windows version ran when syncing. I just checked, and yes, it does, very very briefly. It's never given me problems, whether TB linux was running or not, so I never thought to check.
TreeNode

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 12, 2017 22:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hey,

I think I managed to sync the calendar of Linux Thunderbird without installing Thunderbird in wine.
I use MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.8, Wine 2.0.1 and winetricks.
I created some entries in the Wine-registry and made some changes in the TB-addon-file mpe.js.
My solution seams to work, but could do better. If there are some interests, I will write more.
I think this could also work for contacts.
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Mai 13, 2017 17:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

TreeNode hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Hey,

I think I managed to sync the calendar of Linux Thunderbird without installing Thunderbird in wine.
I use MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.8, Wine 2.0.1 and winetricks.
I created some entries in the Wine-registry and made some changes in the TB-addon-file mpe.js.
My solution seams to work, but could do better. If there are some interests, I will write more.
I think this could also work for contacts.

I'd been keen to try this out.
TreeNode

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Mai 13, 2017 17:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It is a it of copy an paste. I hope the instructions are clear, if not ask.

1. Create Reg-Entrie:
[code][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\thunderbird.exe]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Thunderbird\\thunderbird.bat"
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Thunderbird"[/code]

2. create the Folder “Mozilla Thunderbird”
3. create in this folder the file thunderbird.bat
4. open thunderbird.bat and paste [code]/usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird.sh %1 %2[/code]
5. create a symbolic-link as usual in Application Data in wine to /.thunderbird and name it Thunderbird
6. install the MyPhoneExplorer-Addon in Thunderbird
7. create the File extensions.rdf in your thunderbird-Profile-Folder and paste:

[code]<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RDF:RDF xmlns:NS1="http://www.mozilla.org/2004/em-rdf#"
xmlns:NC="http://home.netscape.com/NC-rdf#"
xmlns:RDF="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
<RDF:Seq RDF:about="urn:mozilla:item:root">
<RDF:li RDF:resource="urn:mozilla:item:de-DE@dictionaries.addons.mozilla.org"/>
<RDF:li RDF:resource="urn:mozilla:item:{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}"/>
<RDF:li RDF:resource="urn:mozilla:item:{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}"/>
<RDF:li RDF:resource="urn:mozilla:item:myphoneexplorer@fjsoft.at"/>
</RDF:Seq>
<RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mozilla:item:{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}"
NS1:installLocation="app-profile"
NS1:version="4.7.8"
NS1:optionsURL="chrome://messenger/content/preferences/preferences.xul"
NS1:iconURL="chrome://calendar/skin/cal-icon32.png"
NS1:name="Lightning"
NS1:description="An integrated calendar for Thunderbird"
NS1:creator="Mozilla Calendar Project"
NS1:homepageURL="http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/">
<NS1:type NC:parseType="Integer">2</NS1:type>
<NS1:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$GqnK52"/>
</RDF:Description>
<RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mozilla:item:myphoneexplorer@fjsoft.at"
NS1:version="2.0.19"
NS1:optionsURL="chrome://myphoneexplorer/content/mpeOptions.xul"
NS1:iconURL="chrome://myphoneexplorer/skin/icon.png"
NS1:name="MyPhoneExplorer"
NS1:description="MyPhoneExplorer Synchronisation"
NS1:creator="F.J. Wechselberger, N. Pueschel"
NS1:homepageURL="http://www.fjsoft.at/">
<NS1:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$GqnK52"/>
<RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mozilla:item:{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}"
NS1:installLocation="app-global"
NS1:version="3.1.11"
NS1:internalName="classic/1.0"
NS1:locked="true"
NS1:appManaged="true"
NS1:name="Thunderbird (default)"
NS1:description="The default theme"
NS1:creator="Arvid Axelsson"
NS1:contributor="Mozilla Contributors">
<NS1:type NC:parseType="Integer">4</NS1:type>
<NS1:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$5OIGm1"/>
<RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mozilla:item:de-DE@dictionaries.addons.mozilla.org"
NS1:version="2.0.2"
NS1:name="German Dictionary"
NS1:description="German dictionary (new Orthography) for spellchecking in Mozilla products. Using igerman98 dictionary version 20091006."
NS1:creator="Robert Kaiser, using igerman98 dictionary by Björn Jacke">
<NS1:localized RDF:resource="rdf:#$.7h6d1"/>
<NS1:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$+7h6d1"/>
<NS1:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$08h6d1"/>
<NS1:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$18h6d1"/>
<NS1:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$28h6d1"/>
<NS1:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$38h6d1"/>
</RDF:RDF>[/code]

8. modify the mpe.js in thunderbird-Profile-Folder/extension/myphoneexplorer@fjsoft.at/components
I changed only the RegRead and Run, just replace them:

[code]function RegRead(subkey,valuename)
{
Components.classes["@mozilla.org/net/osfileconstantsservice;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIOSFileConstantsService).init();
var out = '';
var path = OS.Constants.Path.homeDir+'/.wine/user.reg';

var lines = ReadFile(path);
var reg = false;
var op;
subkey = subkey.split('\\').join('\\\\');

for (i = 1;lines.length > i;i++) {
if(lines[i].includes('['+subkey+']')){
reg=true;
}
if(lines[i]==''){
reg=false;
}
if(reg){
op = lines[i].substring(1,lines[i].indexOf('=')-1);
if(op==valuename){
out=lines[i].substring(lines[i].indexOf('=')+2,lines[i].length-1);
if(out.includes('\\')){ //anpassen des Pfade
out=out.replace('C:','drive_c');
out = out.split('\\\\').join('/');
out=OS.Constants.Path.homeDir+'/.wine/'+out;
}
return (out);
}
}
}
return (out);
}

and

Run: function(args)
{
var file = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/file/local;1"].createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsILocalFile);
var process = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/process/util;1"].createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIProcess);

var mypath = RegRead("Software\\MyPhoneExplorer", "PathToExe");
var path = "/usr/bin/wine"

if (path.length != 0) {
try
{
file.initWithPath(path);
process.init(file);
process.run(false, [mypath,args], 2);
return;
}
catch(ex)
{
Components.utils.reportError('Could not run ' + path + ex );
return;
}
}
Components.utils.reportError("Could not find MyPhoneExplorer.exe");
},[/code]

have fun
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.