FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 C902 Current Problem list with MPE Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Poll :: Does Your C902 work with MPE?

Yes, All of the time
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
Sometimes
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
Never
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Stimmen insgesamt : 20

Autor Nachricht
wireplay

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Feb 19, 2009 20:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

I managed to get the Sony Suite to log! I am afraid this is a really LONG log as I had to do a full sync before I sent the text, it was the only was to get PortMon to log!

So you know, I sent EXACTLY the same text message as I sent with MyPhoneExplorer (see my previous post for that log).

The Sony log is SO big that it will not upload, so can I email it to you?

Thanks,

Chris.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Feb 19, 2009 22:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please send both logfiles zipped to me via email. You can see my mailaddy at the bottom of every post.

EDIT: I got the logfiles already Wink . It will take some time until i have checked them...
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 20, 2009 01:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The PC-Suite got also no answer from the phone - same as MPE. Maybe the PC-Suite reports in general no error when sending sms...
Can you do one more test for me ?
- turn of "Stable connection" in MyPhoneExplorer
- start portmon and switch the Hex-Mode off (in our case the ASCII-Mode is much better)
- connect with MPE and try again to send a sms with more than 160 chars.
- then log the PC-Suite and try also to send a sms with more than 160 chars. It would be interesting how the PC-Suite handles it if there are more messages to send and the connection breaks after the first one

then send again both logfiles to me via email
wireplay

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 20, 2009 13:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

Yeah, that is my experience with PC Suite in general, it is very flaky and constantly disconnects from my phone in general use (did with my W880i as well).

I will redo the test and send it through to you shortly.

Really appreciate your help on this, hopefully we can get it sorted as I know a lot of users are having problems with the c902 - good old sony! Sad

Thanks,

Chris.
GAST
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 21, 2009 21:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello, I heart a lot of very good feedback on MPE - and even more in comparison with SE Software! Now I am starting to use a SE C902 - and in this - and other - threads I read a lot about some problems with SMS and this phone. I wonder if there are more problems / issues? I think FJ wrote that in general his MPE should work with the SE C902... In case there are even more troubles - I like MPE already now and I might switch to another phone, like the SE K770i. Best regards /P
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 21, 2009 21:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Take a look at the first post of this thread. These are all known problems, but they does not appear on all C902. The K770 made up to yet no problems.
wireplay

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 23, 2009 14:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

I have done a LOAD of testing and think that I have found the problem - cables and USB ports! I am not sure why this only occus with the C902 and not my W880i on the same cables and same ports, but here are my findings. If you think a log of working cables and bad cables helps, then please let me know and I will send you the logs.

1. Grey USB cable DCU-60 works 100% of the time for me. Either on a hub or direct into the laptop.
2. The DCU-65 works SOME of the time, but rarely in a USB hub.
3. A 3rd party cable never works!

Now the thing that is interesting is that this is ONLY for SMS, Sync etc works without a problem on EVERY cable above, photo transfer all fine etc. JUST SMS that is the issue.

I hope that helps some other people out - play with your cables, try an old DCU-60 (greay cable) and try plugging in ONLY the phone (disconnect all other USB devices where you can).

As I said, if you want logs of any of these different setups, please let me know and I will get them to you ASAP!

Now I have this working, I will be donating - thanks for all your assistance so far!

Cheers,

Chris.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 23, 2009 18:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

This is really interesting - i thought always that the grey cable makes more problems cause its longer and it has no magnetic core (=more signal loss).

It happens only while sending SMS cause the phone does need a littlebit more power at this moment and then the signal is too low to reach MyPhoneExplorer or other softwares on USB.
wireplay

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 23, 2009 19:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

looks like I am hunting for the old style longer cable! Smile

If you need any logs, let me know.

Thanks,

Chris.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 23, 2009 23:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Logs are not usefully here cause i think its a pure hardware-story. It will be interesting if this solution works also for other users...
wireplay

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 24, 2009 13:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

And just to make things more confusing, the cable that doesnt work at home, works at work on the same hub setup! AGGHHH! Anyway, I appear to have it working now, so if anyone else is having issues with the C902, mess about with your cables and hubs etc. I assure you you will eventually find a combination that works!

Thanks again FJ for all your help - I have just donated 20 euros towards your work from my work account totalsurf.co.uk via paypal.

May I suggest you put something prominent on your site as to how to donate as the only place I could find a link was in the software itself - you should nag people a little more to support your fantastic software Smile

Chris.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 24, 2009 19:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Very thanks for the bountiful donation Wink

Zitat:
May I suggest you put something prominent on your site as to how to donate as the only place I could find a link was in the software itself - you should nag people a little more to support your fantastic software

You are right, a second Paypal-Button on a better place would help...
The "Nag-Screen" in MPE can be disabled after 5 times showing. Personally i hate nagscreens and i think if a user does not want donate me after 5 times using MPE then he will never do it.
wireplay

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 24, 2009 20:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

no problem, it's well worth it!

I think a donate button the web site homepage would be good.

how about a nag every 20 launches - that would not annoy me as a user, in fact, I had some software which did it every 10 weeks or so and it reminded me and I did eventually pay for it Smile
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 24, 2009 22:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
how about a nag every 20 launches

Nope. myPhoneExplorer should be used without limitations cause its FREEWARE. i need the donations - thats right but i don't want to beg for it.
wireplay

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 24, 2009 22:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

fair enough Smile and good for you
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.