FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 HowTo: Use MyPhoneExplorer under GNU/Linux (English Version) Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Sep 20, 2013 23:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Copy the file C:\Programs\MyPhoneExplorer\DLL\adb.exe, install MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.5 and then overwrite the new version of adb.exe with the old one.

Don't forget to tell me if this fixed your problem

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Sep 21, 2013 10:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Great! Worked first time. Thank you very much.

I will get round to Donating!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
jawedmaha

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 01, 2013 10:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

i'll put the link when i find it back
mahp

BeitragVerfasst am: So Feb 16, 2014 05:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I managed to install MPE 1.8.4 in wine. Getting error while connecting USB through com1 giving error permission denied.
suggest how to fix it. or how to find free com port and use it. as I am new to Linux.
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: So Feb 16, 2014 10:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

mahp hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I managed to install MPE 1.8.4 in wine. Getting error while connecting USB through com1 giving error permission denied.
suggest how to fix it. or how to find free com port and use it. as I am new to Linux.

Are you using a serial link through com1, or a USB port on the PC?
Do you have adb installed?

If using a USB port and adb, then you need to do several things. I am on ubuntu, and use the following commands.

Code:

$ sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules

Once the gedit (or leafpad or whatever editor you use) window pops-up, type the following line:
Code:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="nnnn", SYMLINK+="android_adb", MODE="0666" GROUP="plugdev"

when nnnn is the USB vendor code for your phone. You should be able to find this using the lsusb command when your phone is connected, from the ID string nnnn:xxxx

Then:

Code:

sudo chmod a+rx /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
sudo restart udev

Find the adb program and run it as follows:

Code:

adb kill-server
adb usb

the command:

Code:

adb devices

should show your phone.

If you still have problems you may have to change the security of the adb command. A not very secure way is to find where your adb program is and change directory to it. Then:

Code:

sudo bash
chown root adb
chmod ug+s-w adb
exit
mahp

BeitragVerfasst am: So Feb 16, 2014 13:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for guide.
I used USB. As suggested did wrote the rules, but got error while running next command chmod a+rx, error no such directory or files found.

After that I checked and found that I already had rule written with number 99 hope that is not the issue.

please suggest how to fix, as I was not allowed to delete old rule file from file manager directly. is there any command to remove it?
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: So Feb 16, 2014 14:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for guide.
I used USB. As suggested did wrote the rules, but got error while running next command chmod a+rx, error no such directory or files found.

After that I checked and found that I already had rule written with number 99 hope that is not the issue.

please suggest how to fix, as I was not allowed to delete old rule file from file manager directly. is there any command to remove it?

Assuming you are using ubuntu or similar, and are using terminal commands, you need to use sudo commands to delete or move files (sudo rm ...., or sudo mv ... etc). This isn't the place for a linux lesson, so if you are unsure I suggest you do more reading about linux commands. I'm no expert either. I don't think the numbering matters a great deal, I believe it just determines the order the rules are processed in, but I'm not sure.

If you have just created a 99 rule then just move (ie rename) it using sudo mv.
mahp

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 18, 2014 12:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for guidance.

Even after removing one rule and trying to search possible threads related to USB connecting to serial on web none is of help on solving the com permission error. other than udev rules also found some command for ttyusb0 or ttys0 under dev is it to do something with com connecting.

help me if you can as com1 error not allowing me to use MPE.
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 18, 2014 15:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for guidance.

Even after removing one rule and trying to search possible threads related to USB connecting to serial on web none is of help on solving the com permission error. other than udev rules also found some command for ttyusb0 or ttys0 under dev is it to do something with com connecting.

help me if you can as com1 error not allowing me to use MPE.

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you are trying to do. com1 is a serial port, not USB. My comments were, as I said, for a USB connection. USB rules are probably, I believe, irrelevant to serial ports.

So what is your connection. Proper USB, or a serial port?
mahp

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 18, 2014 17:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sorry to trouble you and confuse you.

I am using USB cable for connection and using Ubuntu.

I have refer the start of the same thread, which says that for using USB you need to write rules and also link it to com1 by following command

Code:
:~/$ cd ~/.wine/dosdevice/

:~/.wine/dosdevices$ ln -is /dev/
ttyACM0 com1

and to start MPE you need to input com1 in setting and then start.

but since that did not work I have to put in on forum.
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 18, 2014 23:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sorry to trouble you and confuse you.

I am using USB cable for connection and using Ubuntu.

I have refer the start of the same thread, which says that for using USB you need to write rules and also link it to com1 by following command

Code:
:~/$ cd ~/.wine/dosdevice/

:~/.wine/dosdevices$ ln -is /dev/
ttyACM0 com1

and to start MPE you need to input com1 in setting and then start.

but since that did not work I have to put in on forum.

Sorry, I don't know how that works. As I said in my first reply I use a program called adb to make the connection possible, rather than com1. I can't now find the instructions I used to do that, so you'll need help from someone else.
Marek S

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 25, 2014 01:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello
How to run a BT connection?
fugazza

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 20, 2015 21:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,
I have a problem connecting the phone over bluetooth. I paired the phone successfully, I can talk to it with standard AT commands through serial monitor, but in MyPhoneExplorer I get "Phone not recognized". The debug log is:
Zitat:
Port 1 wurde geöffnet !
bOpened=True
[TX]: AT+CGSN
WritePort failed. TransferedBytes=31 Systemerror: 31 [General failure.]
Got no Model, close port

I am interested, what is "error 31" and how to get rid of it. Is it Serial device not workig error? Any hints?

My configuration:
* Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
* Wine 1.6.2
* MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.6
* Phone: Sony Ericsson K550i
RonCam

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jun 29, 2015 16:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I understand that these UPDATES (copied from the very first post in this thread) are meant to take precedence over the original post, itself, which relates only to installing (much) older MPE versions, those below v1.7.0.

However, there are two updates above the 'body' of the original post, and both are undated, so I am at a loss as to which one came first, and which one came second, and therefore would take precedence over the other, for installing the current MPE download, which is v1.8.6.

The quoted updates are as follows:
weinbi_restored hat Folgendes geschrieben:
UPDATE:Please check this tutorial: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&tl=en&u=http://www.hotfix.pl/myphoneexplorer-instalacja-za-pomoca-wine-linux-debian-ubuntu-a271.htm&usg=ALkJrhhhb_KUFWA1TOJkGL11Rltax6RCRw
Zitat:
UPDATE:When using MyPhoneExplorer 1.7.0 or higher, you can just use normal Setup!

Assuming the updates are listed in order by date, I disregarded the first, assuming it was superseded by the second:
"When using [installing] MyPhone Explorer 1.7.0 or higher, you can just use [run the] normal [Wine] setup [, or in other words, wine MyPhoneExplorer.exe].

But here, my understanding must be incorrect, because when the above is run in Terminal, you can see why the program fails to start: it is missing MSVBVM60.DLL. I have read (elsewhere) that this file might be needed, but since these directions seemed to say, 'run the executable as a normal setup', I thought perhaps the current version of Wine makes it unnecessary to do what was needed in the past -- but clearly this is not the case.

Moving along, to (what appears to be) the earlier UPDDATE located above the one I just followed, the one translated from Polish, there is mention of not only needing MSVBVM60.DLL, but also a great many other files.

However, these directions are dated 2010, obviously referring to both the Wine and MPE versions that were current five years ago. With both programs being updated so many times after these were written, I am of course wondering how much of this still applies?

So my questions:
Question Obviously, the 'update' that says to just run MPE directly with the Wine command is not working.
Question So, then should we disregard the 'lower UPDATE' and instead go directly to the upper one, as still being the proper procedure, even given the passage of time?

fugazza

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 01, 2015 00:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Here is the most recent guide, how to install MyPhoneExplorer under Wine. Forget the process described on first page as well as the process on pages of our Polish friend and also everything using PlayOnLinux. The current process is much more simple. In fact it is described fully on MyPhoneExplorer page on WineHQ, it is only too brief - so here you are the HowTo with more explanation.

We will suppose, that you have already installed:
* Wine 1.6
* winetricks
* MyPhoneExplorer_Setup_1.8.6.exe downloaded to your home directory

Now the installation. It is strongly recommended to install the MPE into separate wineprefix, so that MPE does not interference with other programms installed with wine. Therefore all following commands have the wineprefix declaration at the beginning:
* initialize new wineprefix
Code:
WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine_myphoneexplorer wine 'wineboot'

* install msxml3 dll needed by MPE
Code:
WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine_myphoneexplorer winetricks msxml3

* install vb6run dll needed by MPE (this is the thing RonCam is missing in previous post)
Code:
WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine_myphoneexplorer winetricks vb6run

* install MPE
Code:
WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine_myphoneexplorer wine ~/MyPhoneExplorer_Setup_1.8.6.exe

* click through the installer and here comes the main trick. When the advertisement window appears, you must kill it manually, else there is no chance to continue with installation - no buttons react.
You find the process number of this installer window by this command (The process name is "InstallMgr.exe")
Code:
ps -aux | grep InstallMgr

And
Code:
kill ****
(replace **** by number seen in previous command)

And that's all. Then you have to connect your phone - connecting Android phone over wifi should work out of the box, hints for connection by bluetooth or USB cable can be found on first page of this discussion thread.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.