FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 HowTo: Use MyPhoneExplorer under GNU/Linux (English Version) Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi, I'm trying to get this working with Ubuntu 7.10

I've got MyPhoneExplorer up and running with Wine, except for a small problem when I try to exit: I get a box saying "run time error '6': overflow" and then in order to get rid of the tray icon I have to go into services and manually stop the 1.6KB "zombie" service MyPhoneExplorer. I also have a minor problem in that the 'minimize to tray' button hovers on my screen even when i minimize the window.

However, my biggest problem is that I can't get bluetooth to work. I followed the tutorial above as far as I could, but I don't think bluetooth settings are quite the same in Ubuntu as in SUSE. Although my phone is paired and trusted by my computer, it's still not working.It may be because I don't have a file called /dev/rfcomm0. I found a file in /usr/bin/ called rfcomm and tried it with this but with no success.

So, any ideas?
Eddie Plum_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have found bluetooth to be rather flaky in Gutsy. It's been pretty stable is Suse since 9.x, but I often have to restart both my computer and my phone to reestablish a bluetooth connection in Ubuntu.

Ed.
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
I have found bluetooth to be rather flaky in Gutsy. It's been pretty stable is Suse since 9.x, but I often have to restart both my computer and my phone to reestablish a bluetooth connection in Ubuntu.

Ed.

No, I can connect to and browse my phone fine using the built-in bluetooth manager... It's just getting it to work with wine that isn't working.
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sorry but I'm having trouble getting the phone to work with USB

I really like this app and would love to be able to get it running, so any help would be appreciated

I've managed to register all the .dlls and .ocxs, and the program loads successfully, however, when following the usb guide:
Code:
:~/$ cd ~/.wine/dosdrive/
:~/.wine/dosdevices$ ln -is /dev/ttyACM0 com1

Using the 1st command, I get an error that the dosdrive folder doesn't exist (And it doesn't when I go to check ), and navigating to the dosdevices folder and running the 2nd command, it says 'replace 'com1''? and is blank, and I am unsure what to put. Typing yes/y does nothing, and just takes me back to the command line.

Anyone know how to get it running?
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The folder's probably called ~/.wine/dosdevices instead

Now I've been helpful to someone, can somebody please help me with my bluetooth problems (see above)?!?!
weinbi_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
The folder's probably called ~/.wine/dosdevices instead

You're right. I edited the the howto.
Zitat:
It may be because I don't have a file called /dev/rfcomm0. I found a file in /usr/bin/ called rfcomm and tried it with this but with no success.

So the problem is, probably, that in your distri this file has another name. Use google to find out how it is called! The replace all commands with "rfcomm0" with your filename.
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
So the problem is, probably, that in your distri this file has another name. Use google to find out how it is called! The replace all commands with "rfcomm0" with your filename.

Fixed it using this page: http://ubuntology.com/2007/10/27/access-your-phone-via-bluetooth-with-ubuntu-gutsy/

Before I run MyPhoneExplorer I have to run "rfcomm connect 0 XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX 2", but that's a minor inconvenience.

Thanks very much for your help!

P.S. I still have the "run time error 6" problem mentioned above, any ideas?
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

i can't install mpe... i have already installed wine and vb6, and followed all the steps... but it still occur an error message and the installation don't go on.

"Run-time error '429'

You do not hava an appropriate license to use this functionality"

any sugestions?!

thanks for all the work i have been tried many handset manager... the last one wammu... but anyone is like the mpe that i used in windows... with all my important messages saved in a file and i would love to use it again in ubuntu
weinbi_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Urr... I really have no idea what that could be...

But instead of install every thing per hand, you can try the new MyPhoneExplorer Installation Script: http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4794

<EDIT>
I found a posting with the same error: http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2923&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=429
But this is in Windows... The solution was there to install with with admin-access, but in GNU/Linux with wine it is not so easy.

Can you give more input?
Distribution? Wine-Version?
Was the problem during the installation of the vb6? What exactly did you install? The vb6-RUNTIME is needed...
</EDIT>
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

the script goes on to a page error...

i do all the steps again and it works now probably i forget to register some dll

now its time to try connect with k750 and import messages from windows...

thank you very much for all the help
osti_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

works fine, but you have to check that /dev/ttyACM* have the correct rights to be accessed by normal users
simonh_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi
Im running Ubuntu 8.04 and I followed this guide and got everything working just fine, there where alittle configuration and troubleshooting befor everything worked but.. that's the tradeoff

Is there any plans to release the newer versions of MyPhExp as a "linux-wine-version" ?

Kind Regards, Simon
weinbi_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yes - with the next major version it will be possible to use the normal version with wine!
simonh_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sweet, any idea when that might be?

Right now google calendar doesnt work in 1.6.1
(Folder Structure could not be read)

I guess it's something google have changed that might have been fixed in the newer versions..

Kind regads Simon
weinbi_restored
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 29, 2009 15:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You will never get a timeline from FJ, so no, there is no idea when it will be.
It will be released when it's finished.

As far as I can remember, google changed the API. So with Linux you have to wait until the next major version. But i didn't really know that these things (as google-calenders) work with wine over the iNet.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.