FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 HowTo: Use MyPhoneExplorer under GNU/Linux (English Version) Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
RonCam

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jul 23, 2015 11:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

fugazza hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Here is the most recent guide, how to install MyPhoneExplorer under Wine. Forget the process described on first page as well as the process on pages of our Polish friend and also everything using PlayOnLinux. The current process is much more simple.
Thanks very much for posting this 'gem' of information. My only suggestion is that a moderator might make edits into the first post of this thread, removing the 'legacy' information and directing forum members to fugazza's post? Very Happy

Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
user_deleted
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 27, 2015 13:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks to fugazza's very helpful posting on Jul 01, 2015 in this thread MPE in wine is working fine here. Connecting the Android phone over wifi worked out of the box.

A connection by USB cable as can be found on the first page of this thread (using /dev/ttyACM0) did not work here. But I have found an easy way to get the USB cable connection working. I installed 2 small packages into my Arch Linux:
android-tools (0,33 MByte)
android-udev (0,02 MByte)
This provides adb, fastboot and 51-android.rules . No need to install the android-sdk (340 MByte)!

I had to copy 51-android.rules to /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules .
This file contains info for many android devices, including my Huawei. For other devices you may need to add info there.

Maybe other Linux distros have similar small packages for adb.

Next I did:
1.) Connect phone and Linux-PC by USB cable.
2.) In a terminal type "adb devices". The adb server starts and reports the connected device.
3.) Start MPE in wine.
4.) MPE-Client in the phone is starting automatically.

Also this sequence of commands worked:
1.) In a terminal type "adb devices" .
2.) Start MPE in wine.
3.) Connect phone and Linux-PC by USB cable.
4.) MPE-Client in the phone is starting automatically.
This method has the drawback that you can't check whether the device is connected.

My configuration:
Arch Linux 64 bit
Wine 1.7.47-1
MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.6
Phone: Huawei Ideos X3 (Android 2.3.3)
Minime

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 16, 2016 08:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi!

First of all thank you for the app, great!!
I've been with it for almost.. I donno.. 4-5 years..
Love it and this prg fills a huge gap in the sync line-up, I couldn't do without it basically I must say. Full credit to FJ.

Ok, that's about the intro, now some words about my difficulty please.

Everything works fine, but the Mpe is not able to see the com port please. Even in the Blueman there is a dedicated option to connect to Mpe and if clicked on a nice message comes up saying that "Serial port connected to /dev/rfcomm0" in the Mpe.
Also in the phone the client says "Connected via Bluetooth", but actually when I try to connect in the Mpe meanwhile having these promising signs Mpe says "Connection to phone could not be established: -2147418113 - Method '~' of object '~' failed".

I have tried many things and of course some parts of the method described at the beginning of this thread, but no use.
In my opinion everything is perfectly settled, cos there is a live serial port connection with the phone, but somehow Mpe does not recognise it please.

I am running v1.8.7 and the client is v1.0.38. I have been able to synchronize everything between a WinXp Sp3 laptop and the same cell for a long time please. The Wine version is 1.9.3, the PlayOnLinux is also the newest version. Otherwise no additional errors come up, just there is no connection.

I've been on it for some days now, you are my last resort please.

Thank you ever so much for your help.
fugazza

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 16, 2016 10:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,
do you bind correct bluetooth channel to your /dev/rfcomm0? For eaxmple my SonyEricsson K550 has two channels: #3 is the correct one, which understands service command, while #2 serves as dial up modem for calling from computer.

How to debug, if you have right channel? After connecting the serial port, connect to /dev/rfcomm0 using some serial port monitor (I personally use minicom) and try to write some basic commands - like AT (phone should answer something like "OK") or AT+CGSN (phone should answer its IMEI number).
Minime

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 16, 2016 22:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi Fugazza,
Thanks for your kind reply and for your help.
I have installed Minicom and tried to change the Serial Device in the Serial Port Section to /dev/rfcomm0. Unfortunately when I tried to Save setup as dfl the message was Cannot write to /etc/minicom/minirc.dfl please.
I unplugged the BT stack and no Mpe was running, so I don't know what was the reason of it.
Any idea please?
Thank you!
fugazza

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 17, 2016 00:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,
I guess, that you are not running minicom as sudo, therefore you do not have permissions to write into /etc. See also manual page, parameter configuration. Nevertheless even if you are not able to store your configuration, the minicom works with given port just after writing it in settings dialogue. ... Maybe if minicom is too difficult to use for you, you can use something different. For example arduino IDE has really usable serial port monitor (Yes, it is a little bit overhead to install arduino only because of its serial port monitor.)
Minime

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 20, 2016 00:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi Fugazza,
Sorry for the late reply, but I had no time.
So, I managed to modify the port to /dev/rfcomm0 in Minicom and it stays as default after booting up the laptop.
So the port in Blueman and Minicom are identical, but Mpe still not able to connect.
Is there any other adjustable stuff in Minicom or somewhere else to fix the issue please?
Thank you ever so much!
Minime

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 20, 2016 15:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Is there any connection between the channel number and the port number pls?
And also this /dev/rfcomm0 is actually the port number, or let's say com1 would be a port number, because in Minicom in the menu of Serial port setup there is no other option which actually would say anything about ports just the serial device is mentioned which is /dev/rfcomm0. So actually I don't really see how to set up any port numbers in Minicom.

How many channels would be possible btw, cos in the Terminal the hcitool scan does not work for me. It starts scanning, and says nothing after a while just the prompt comes back, so my plan is to try to change the channel in the rfcomm.conf file from 1 to 30 and restart the laptop everytime trying to connect with Mpe as well to the phone.. Sad

Thanks if somebody is here.
Minime

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 20, 2016 21:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just a side note that there are two folders in the Wine folder:

- /~/.wine/dosdevices/com1

- /~/.wine-myphoneexplorer/dosdevices

Is that normal pls? Shocked
Thanks in advance pls. Embarassed
Minime

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 20, 2016 22:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Mayday.. SOS pls..
I don't understand why Mpe does not see what is there.. Rolling Eyes
drurs

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 07, 2016 07:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,
first of all many thanks for this HowTo, MPE is running smoothly on my debian system;-)

I want to remotly control my phone from my linux box, but when I open the 'control phone' window the windows screen is not shown, means there's only a black window
connection via USB/ADB is ok, also there are the three android buttons (home/back/menu) available and working. When I activate the 'enable mous on phone' this is also working, so 'only' the mobile screen is not shown.

Anyone any idea what's going wrong here?

My system:
debian jessie
MPE 1.8.7
Samsung S5, connected via ADB/USB

Thanks,
Uli
CMV

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 20, 2016 15:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm trying to connect latest MPE 1.8.7 running under Wine on Fedora 23 x86_64 to a Nexus phone using a USB cable. The main issue I'm facing is the apparent conflict between the pre-packaged "adb.exe" (which comes installed with MPE) and the native adb from the OS.

MPE apparently wants to launch its own adb which adb, from inside wine, can't possibly connect to the phone (32 bit no USB drivers). Yet launching adb independently before MPE won't solve the problem because the adb launched by MPE will simply kill the existing adb server claiming it's out of date and then I'm back to start.

Has anybody been able to solve this?
Marek S

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 20, 2016 17:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have another problem because ADB did not want to work and I can not connect through BT
Mint 17.3
DERIIIFranz

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 23, 2016 20:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks a lot fugazza for you guide!

I could successfully install MPE this way. But as soon as I update Wine, i get the following error when I try to run MPE again:

Code:
err:ole:apartment_getclassobject DllGetClassObject returned error 0x80040111
err:ole:create_server class {88d969c0-f192-11d4-a65f-0040963251e5} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {88d969c0-f192-11d4-a65f-0040963251e5} could be created for context 0x5

the only way i can get MPE running again is to rerun the setup described by fugazza.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
matthias

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 25, 2017 19:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

DERIIIFranz hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Thanks a lot fugazza for you guide!

I could successfully install MPE this way. But as soon as I update Wine, i get the following error when I try to run MPE again:

Code:
err:ole:apartment_getclassobject DllGetClassObject returned error 0x80040111
err:ole:create_server class {88d969c0-f192-11d4-a65f-0040963251e5} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {88d969c0-f192-11d4-a65f-0040963251e5} could be created for context 0x5

the only way i can get MPE running again is to rerun the setup described by fugazza.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

I also had the problem that it stopped working after wine was updated. However running the following command did solve the problem.
Code:
env WINEPREFIX="MPE_Prefix" winetricks --force msxml3

Greetings Matthias

PS: your post gave me the idea to try that, as the Class-object ID in your errors refers to msxml objects
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.