FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 HowTo: Use MyPhoneExplorer under GNU/Linux (English Version) Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
movingsoon

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jun 30, 2017 14:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Anyone else having a problem with version 1.88 crashing right after startup? I got it installed and seems to start fine, then when I link my phone and it says "loading user data" it immediately crashes. Thereafter it won't stay running, everytime I start it, it runs for a minute, says loading user data, and crashes.

Any ideas will be appreciated - thanks!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
justcosmic1

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 24, 2020 16:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am helping a friend who has a Chromebook, to set up sync with her Android phone and trying to avoid the cloud/Google route.

I personally use Thunderbird and MPE on Windows.

My question is if she can use MPE Wine with Thunderbird Linux (she can enable Linux apps of course), or do they both have to be installed under Wine for this to work ?

What other contact/callender apps do people use on Linux in case there's a better option for her than Thunderbird ?
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 24, 2020 17:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

justcosmic1 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I am helping a friend who has a Chromebook, to set up sync with her Android phone and trying to avoid the cloud/Google route.

I personally use Thunderbird and MPE on Windows.

My question is if she can use MPE Wine with Thunderbird Linux (she can enable Linux apps of course), or do they both have to be installed under Wine for this to work ?

What other contact/callender apps do people use on Linux in case there's a better option for her than Thunderbird ?

There are two linux strategies, both of which are non-trivial. With Thunderbird 78 as of this autumn I have failed, so far, to get either to work.

You can, with earlier versions, install MPE under wine, with Thunderbird under linux, and modify the MPE add-in to Thunderbird to make it work. That is described in another thread at https://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5835#top

Similarly you can, with earlier versions, install Thunderbird under wine as well as MPE, and install the MPE add-in to Thunderbird. Since I use Thunderbird under linux, I then made the Thunderbird under wine link to the Thunderbird under linux by linking the calendar and address book files from the wine profile to the linux profile.

There are several threads on these topics, but, as I say, I can't yet find a solution for Thunderbord 78. For the time being I have had to get a non-free solution using Birdiesync, and even that needed a patch to make it work under wine.
knottedknickers

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 16, 2021 23:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just want to thank fugazza for his instructions (bottom of page 14)! I installed wine (5.0) winetricks (from Synaptic Package Manager), and MPE 1.8.14 on my Ubuntu 20.04-derived distro. I didn't have to "kill" any processes during install... First connect via WiFi worked fine. Currently syncing photos. Very grateful!
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 17, 2021 09:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

knottedknickers hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Just want to thank fugazza for his instructions (bottom of page 14)! I installed wine (5.0) winetricks (from Synaptic Package Manager), and MPE 1.8.14 on my Ubuntu 20.04-derived distro. I didn't have to "kill" any processes during install... First connect via WiFi worked fine. Currently syncing photos. Very grateful!

What version of Thunderbird are you running? Are you running it under linux or under wine? With Thunderbird 78 I cannot get it to work at all.
knottedknickers

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 17, 2021 16:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Pastim hat Folgendes geschrieben:
What version of Thunderbird are you running? Are you running it under linux or under wine? With Thunderbird 78 I cannot get it to work at all.
Sorry, I thought getting Thunderbird to work was a different thread... I don't actually use TB. Sorry I can't help. Sad
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 17, 2021 17:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sorry, I thought getting Thunderbird to work was a different thread... I don't actually use TB. Sorry I can't help. Sad

My mistake, - apologies. As a matter of interest what email client are you using, or none at all?
knottedknickers

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 19, 2021 22:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

My mistake, - apologies. As a matter of interest what email client are you using, or none at all?
I use Thunderbird, but I don't do any e-mail on my phone. Or if I do, I just use a browser.
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 20, 2021 10:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I use Thunderbird, but I don't do any e-mail on my phone. Or if I do, I just use a browser.

I thought you didn't use TB? I use Thunderbird on my desktop PC, and sync the calendar and contacts to my mobile so I can call people. I don't use my mobile for email much at all.

So which version of TB are you using, and under linux or wine?
knottedknickers

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 20, 2021 16:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I thought you didn't use TB? I use Thunderbird on my desktop PC, and sync the calendar and contacts to my mobile so I can call people. I don't use my mobile for email much at all.

So which version of TB are you using, and under linux or wine?
Sending PM...
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 28, 2021 14:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Is anyone out there using MPE with the current version of Thunderbird on Linux? I am unable to get it to work using any of the older methods.

HELP!
frikat

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 31, 2021 10:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for the detailed instructions to get MPE working on Ubuntu 20.04. It is very much appreciated.
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 31, 2021 11:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

frikat hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Thanks for the detailed instructions to get MPE working on Ubuntu 20.04. It is very much appreciated.

Are you using Thunderbird? If so, which version? I am unable to get MPE working with Thunderbird on Ubuntu 20.04 (or later)
knottedknickers

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 17, 2021 20:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Update: Using MPE 1.8.14 with Wine 6.0.1 in an Ubuntu 20.04 derived distro following fugazza's instructions (bottom of p. 14). So far so good!
Pastim

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 17, 2021 20:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Update: Using MPE 1.8.14 with Wine 6.0.1 in an Ubuntu 20.04 derived distro following fugazza's instructions (bottom of p. 14). So far so good!

Please forgive me for being really stupid, but what is the purpose of using mpe without a PC based email client? Sorry, but I really don't understand. Can you, or someone please explain how you are using mpe.

Most of my issues with mpe under linux are in trying to sync an Android phone with Thunderbird. Most of the comment here don't mention an email client, and I just don't understand why.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.