FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 accidentally deleted MPE contacts and sync'd SE z710i Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
ronvader

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 01, 2010 22:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

All contacts were deleted from phone using MPE, when all I wanted to do was refresh MPE and the phone based on what I have in Outlook2003. I use Outlook2003 and all contact info is intact there, but I can't see how to get MPE to put them into the phone. Appreciate your help!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 02, 2010 15:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Did you set the sync to Outlook in Menu-File-Settings-Sync and if yes, did you set the right folder in "Advanced" ?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
ronvader

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 03, 2010 04:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yes. Running OL2003 on Vista Home Premium SP2. MPE shows nothing in its Contacts list - yet it did previously. I'm assuming I need to fetch OL contacts into MPE then push them to the z710i, but can't see how to get them from OL. thx.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 03, 2010 14:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

In the Dialog for advanced Sync-Settings there is a button called "Exceptions". Click on this button - are the contacts from outlook shown there ?
ronvader

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 05, 2010 01:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I checked my Outlook2003 contacts and found the record count to be 531. (I use categories to filter what goes to the z710i - don't want all possible contacts in the phone). On restoring the Contacts from last week's .pst backup I now have 782 unique contacts - back to normal. I think MPE previously deleted those having a Category of 'Mobile' during a 'sync both'. After restoring the backup, the OL contacts are all intact - nothing lost. But I'm having a problem getting all contacts with a category 'Mobile' to push to the phone. After a sync I'm seeing just 53 contacts pushed to the z710i but there should be a lot more based on the category 'Mobile'. MPE has handled this extremely well in the past. I have to admit a bit of confusion on my part regarding the data transfer mechanics betweek OL<-->MPE<-->SEz710i. why does MPE appear to maintain its own contacts list? It's a bit confusing getting all 3 datasets in sync. Wouldn't it be simpler if the data stores were in Outlook and the SE handset only? (guessing this is to handle diffs between OL, TB, other email systems...). Really appreciate your support on this. Very excellent program. I couldn't believe the crap SE issued with my z710i originally. You really should find a way to market to other hardware mfrs (LG etc). Respectfully, Ron.
ronvader

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 10, 2010 02:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi FJ, I'm sure you've answered this question previously but can you please point me to info that teaches how MPE works between Outlook & a handset? I'm having problems understanding how MPE gets its copy of contact data from OL. Presently I've got 506 contacts in MPE synced from 782 eligible contacts in OL. I don't know why I don't have all 782. All 506 get pushed to my z710i without problem. I've purged MPE & z710i contacts and rebuilt them from OL using MPE sync. Each time I get the same result.

I'm now running MPE 7.1.5. I'd appreciate your insights.

Kind regards,
Ron
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 10, 2010 12:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Maybe something is wrong with the category-filter...
- turn ON the "Confirmationwindow for Sync"
- remove the category-exceptions for Contacts
- click on Sync
- check if the missing contacts appearing now in the Confirmation-Window
- ABORT the Sync

This should help us to find the problem
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 19, 2010 04:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I tried the category filter suggestion but without luck. I can't see why, but MPE is not retrieving all of my Outlook contacts into its contacts list. I've cleared the category filter, deleted all contacts in phone, sync'd MPE with OL several times, same results each time.

One thing I did notice in an MPE logfile a few days ago, was that contacts were being added sequentially by MPE, but once completed, MPE removed them, apparently in reverse order.

Presently I'm getting only some of my contacts into the z710i, always the same ones.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 19, 2010 10:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Are there any other exceptions for Contactssync ? Userdefined ones or "Add only comntacts with phonennumber" ?
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 20, 2010 18:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Good news fj! Problem resolved. My fault - "User error" Razz. I assumed that marking Names with a checkmark in the Exceptions window would 'include' selected contacts not 'exclude' them. I had been using an Outlook category of 'Mobile' for my selection and didn't realize there are two possible ways of filtering. I guess I need to consider now whether to maintain my 'include' listing using Outlook categories or MPE exclude function. Thanks for your help!
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.