FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Outlook -> T610 sync creates appointments on wrong dates Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
T610

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Apr 05, 2010 19:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

hi,
just tried MyPhoneExplorer 1.7.5 for the first time after migrating from XP+office 2003 to Win7+office 2010. Been using SE sync suite 1.1.1 up until now.
I'm trying to synchronize my T610 (R6C005) with Outlook 14.0.4734.1000 and contacts work fine, but when I try to force Outlook -> phone for initial sync, the appointments are copied, but they end up all on seemingly random dates in the past. I have time restriction 14 days before, 60 days after today.
In the confirmation window before sync I actually see only one instance for a recurring appointment that I have (recurring 5 days a week) and then there are All Day events, some of them out of the specified -14+60 days range.
There is only 25 appointments and I think only one is written to phone this year the rest are in 2009, 07, 06, and 05. Shocked
I'm syncing using Ir-MC-Sync (recommended), SyncML doesn't work. Phone is connected over BT using usb adapter.
Logfile is here if needed:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmhztuyqney/Debug.txt

thank you
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Apr 05, 2010 20:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If you have ruled events and they match into the timerange then they are added included also for sync. f.e. a yearly appintment in 1990 without enddate will be always added cause the timespan matches
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
T610

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Apr 05, 2010 22:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, if a recurring event is in the time range it is included in sync. There is no trouble with that. There is something else going on, a lot worse.
Let's simplify this. I have 1 recurring event for this week in outlook. 5 times ,Monday - Friday. Phone calendar is empty. When I initiate sync, I see this event in confirmation window, but only once.
When I sync, this 1 first instance of the event (Monday) is synced to phone, the rest (Tue-Fri) is not.
Outlook and this program seem to treat recurring events the same, but T610 is different. It does not know what recurrence is. It needs every instance of recurring event as separate event in calendar. Therefore it seems to me that this program might actually not be compatible with T610. Unless this is possible to resolve with different setting (maybe using SyncML?).
I know T610 is an old junk, but I had mine since release in 2003 and it's been great until now.

The seemingly "random" days described in my first post were the starting days for those events, so it make sense now.

Thanks for any ideas how to make it work.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 06, 2010 00:09 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am not sure - is the T610 in general able to handle recurring events ? Please create a recurring event in MyPhoneExplorer and test if the phone does display only the first instance or more patterns.
SyncML will not work in the T610 - this is a new protociol which works since K700 and basicly it has no pros for old phones. Its just another protocol - the data itself are the same
T610

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 06, 2010 00:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

thanks for your reply again FJ,

No, T610 can not handle recurrent events as I mentioned in my previous post. You can't set recurrence directly in the phone when creating new event, nor does it understand recurrence in events received during synchronization. SE sync suite 1.1.1 that I've been using all those years simply sends them (recurring events in Outlook) to the phone as separate one time events and everything is OK.
I created recurring event in MyPhoneExplorer, left outlook out altogether this time, and after I sync, the phone has only the first occurrence. In addition, all occurrences, except first, disappear from MPE as well. Crying or Very sad
I don't know how long does MPE exist, but I was wondering if this ever worked back in the day when T610 (or T630) was relatively new model and maybe the functionality got somehow dropped since all the newer SE phones supported recurring events natively? Don't know since when, which model was first to support recurrence...
Anyway, if this doesn't work for T610 etc. is it too late to ask for implementation?
Just kidding. Very Happy I know it's an old phone but I couldn't find any complaints about this in the english forum. Am I the only one still using this ancient piece of equipment? Any T610, 630, 68 owners in here??
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 06, 2010 15:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I started developing MPE with the K700 (i think two models after the T-series). The K700 has no interface to create recurring events on the phone but it is able to display ruled events throught a sync. To split the ruled events into single appointments is a solution but not a good one. The phone-storage is limited to 300 events and this would be overfilled very soon. I will not make a special implementation for the T-Series - sorry, this phones are inbetween very seldom.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.