FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Moving Note3 contacts and SMS messages to S23 Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
DaaBoss

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Sep 23, 2023 00:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I only have one URGENT request --

---- Before my SIM is inactivated on the cell provider's system:
---- Is there ANYTHING I need to get off my Note 3 BEFORE they switch my service from Note-3 SIM to the new S23 Samsung Galaxy ?? (The Note 3's will remain available for use with WiFi)

If not, here's my plan:
-->> Backup anything on the Note 3, only if needed, but will likely need to do some of the following:
    1. Phone call records, time, who, etc
    2. Archived text messages
    3. Contacts

I'm guessing that
    1. -- I must get the phone records with MPE, and no one else will sync to the S23.
    2. -- My Cell provider might sync the text messages, and,
    3. -- Contacts will be synced by Google -- I've got two Google accounts and two phones, plus some stuff still in the SIM card. Integrating MPE into the Contacts, syncing FOUR Google accounts is a REAL problem. My plan is to NOT use MPE to do this, since I think it might have contributed to the contacts messed up on a phone once. I had a MPE backup, which I restored. But stopped trying to sync contacts. If I do, it will be to ONLY read contacts, and MAYBE try to combine then.

This is Google's big problem, CONTACTS from multiple users and devices. I guess they never anticipated I'd have a company contact list, a personal contact list, and so would my wife. FOUR accounts, without counting the two SIMS..As you can imagine, more active contacts are in there multiple times, in the various databases. SOME apps do lookups properly, some don't. Enough of my rant -- It's a difficult problem, even if you are Google. You've touched the databases mostly safely I think. Google's sync rules are obtuse and impossible to manage for four accounts.

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Sep 23, 2023 08:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

DaaBoss hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I only have one URGENT request --

---- Before my SIM is inactivated on the cell provider's system:
---- Is there ANYTHING I need to get off my Note 3 BEFORE they switch my service from Note-3 SIM to the new S23 Samsung Galaxy ?? (The Note 3's will remain available for use with WiFi)

No, the SIM card is not relevant for all MPE functions.

When restoring messages and call logs, please note the following: Informations about changes in access to SMS and Call lists

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
DaaBoss

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 22, 2024 02:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I successfully got everything moved from the Note 3 to S-23.

In February, I moved to S-24s from S-23's. I synced using Samsung, Google, and MPE. For the most part, i didn't need MPE. OTOH, I made sure I had a complete backup of both the Note 3's, and S-23's. I also had to send in two Galaxy Vibrant's to get two free S-24 Ultra's. I pulled the SIM and a memory card, and am using MPE to get all the data backed up onto my PC, by inserting the memory into the Note 3.

The following is off subject, but T-Mobile finally messed me over after 18 years. Sales and the manager agreed to match ATT / COSTCO deal at $1,000 USD over 24 months. Two months later, they told me, "Neither the sales person or the manager had the authority to offer you that deal, and so we are not honoring it, so you will owe us the full retail of 2 x 1,300 = 2,500.
You can return the phone for a full refund if that is unacceptable. We will try to elevate this to get it resolved, but if we do not, we will issue a RETURN shipping label in the meantime."

Two months later, I heard nothing, called and asked for status. No one checked or elevated it. So, I asked about how to return them. They said that the return shipping labels could still be used. I got new S24's from ATT/COSTCO, with credits over 36 months, of $2,600 in return for my two old Samsung Vibrant S's in any condition. I also got $200 in vouchers from Costco. My bill is likely about the same. i have "concierge support" from Costco / ATT, not too bad.

I doubt if this is any interest, but after transferring data in about 4 days, I tried taking the old S-23s back to a T-Mobile store. They said, "No way will they take them back now. Further, even if they did, without a firm deal, a 'full refund' is uncertain."

So, I have two, virtually pristine S-23's tied to T-mobile. Assuming I get them released, they MAY be available for 'some price'. That would be after I either re-negotiate, arbitrate, or litigate. DO NOT rely on what the official T-Mobile folks tell you over the phone. And, there is no written contract to dispute. Sprint merging with TM looks like has ruined TM. Legere would be appalled with the new ethics at TM. My experience does not seem like a one-off, either. When I mentioned their official "Call-in center's Sales and Managers" they laughed, since the consensus SEEMS that they will tell you anything, and would have no recourse with their deal is no more. Looking at similar Reddit posts about TM, it sounded familiar to many other stories.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.